Votes: 7 8.3%
  • junephoto46

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • junephoto47

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TwistMyArm said:
You may notice that in the gallery some files appear larger then 150KB, but every photo included was less then 150KB when uploaded to the gallery.

Not sure why, but the gallery must either read the file size incorretly.

Congratulations are in order for DepthAfield this month. DepthAfield submitted the fantastic Green Dragon (junephoto10).
To those who didn't win they also deserve a round of applause because this may have been the best group of photos from any challenge yet. Thanks to everyone who submitted for the June Challenge.

96-junephoto10-GreenDragon.jpg

I hereby serve notice to DepthAfield that he shall be required to give a description, with as much detail as possible, about how he was able to create such a fantastically clear and crisp photograph.

Equipment...processing...soul selling...

All details shall be submitted ASAP!

Excellent photograph!

Wow! I am honored! After seeing the other submissions in the ‘Bug’ challenge, I didn’t think my Green Dragon had a snowballs chance in Tuscaloosa! There were some truly wonderful photos in this competition. Everyone who entered an image deserves hearty congratulations! Nice work by all!

MightyLeeMoon said:
I hereby serve notice to DepthAfield that he shall be required to give a description, with as much detail as possible, about how he was able to create such a fantastically clear and crisp photograph.

Equipment...processing...soul selling...

I found this critter on my front walk on an overcast and blustery September afternoon about 4 years ago. The bug was amazingly tolerant of me and my lens… I spent 5 or 6 minutes photographing it from every angle. Camera used was a Sony F707 at f/2, 1/250 with a focal length of 38mm (I think). Some sharpening and minor color correction was applied in PS.

I think the wind and chilly temperature that afternoon were responsible for making this bug such a good sport about being conscripted as a model. Not quite sure what the dragon was doing with the maple seed, perhaps it thought the seed was another dragon.

Congrats Depth...what a stunner of a shot. Well deserved.

Yay, conga-rats, DepthAfield, this is the photo that also I wanted to be winner, though I had to decide between 9 pics that had ended on my shortlist in the end, but your Green Dragon got my vote in the end.

One remark or rather question, though: isn't "84 votes" a bit of a low number? Shouldn't there be many more votes in our Monthly Challenges?

Many thanks for the kind words!

I really don’t think enough credit has been given to the other photographers who submitted images for the June ‘Bug’ challenge though. There were some truly outstanding photographs made. Kudos to all!

TwistMyArm said:
Congratulations are in order for DepthAfield this month. DepthAfield submitted the fantastic Green Dragon (junephoto10).
To those who didn't win they also deserve a round of applause because this may have been the best group of photos from any challenge yet. Thanks to everyone who submitted for the June Challenge.

Im not very fan of shoot insects, but this one its just great!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back