June in April

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Springblossom.jpg

Trees in flower weeks early - hoping no frosts to come.
Narcissus.jpg

Narcissus - bought a sack of what was supposed to be normal daffodils and planted in swathes around the garden - a delight and more or less in season.
Shiprape.jpg

Again taken this morning on my way down to Ely.
Just as I hiked along the hedge the sun went in and this strange light - far hedge in deep shadow and the blue haze over the cathedral - visibility only improved as of this evening. Will try again if we get a fine clear day! Rape is several weeks early!

Terrific composition and sharpness on all three

IMO, #2 is a little dull and would be better cropped to 4x5 (top and bottom)

IMO, third one is off-level.
An area sharpen (USM 20, 50, 0) will brighten that up and remove haze.

But all 3 are very nice.

:clap: Lovely shots, Fangman!!!! I like how you caught both the blossoms and the buds in that first one (nice compo and nice crispness to the shot). What a lovely surprise it must have been to see narcissus come up where daffs had been planted. And the sight of the bright yellow rape/canola against the hazy blue cathedral is a beautiful one indeed. I really enjoyed these shots...little sign of spring here, with cold temperatures still present (but they say 18C by Saturday, so let's hope they're right).

Terrific composition and sharpness on all three

IMO, #2 is a little dull and would be better cropped to 4x5 (top and bottom)

IMO, third one is off-level.
An area sharpen (USM 20, 50, 0) will brighten that up and remove haze.

But all 3 are very nice.

Thanks for comments.

I usually use a square format for flower pics but thes really done as postcards that I do for elderly housebound relatives - not a letter writer!

The haze over the cathedral was the day- could hardly see it from our garden but sharp today. It changes rapidly with the light and from our side is lit only very early morning or afternoon and evening.

I shall have a go at your anti-haze settings on a few images.

I like the third one, haze and all. My only complaint is the sky's abit washout.

4280_filtered.jpg

In the field again this evening on my way down to Ely Photo Club - just too late as light fading and aperture too wide to get the DOF I want
- if weather holds tomorrow will return with tripod and f32.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back