Just a bird on a wire

Stillwater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I waited for what seemed like forever for this bird to lean the right way. Seriously, I was going to be so upset if it flew off before I got to take this shot.

3027880761_4ddaac6a1b.jpg

on flickr

When you sit/stand there producing a crick in your neck, camera up and ready, waiting for Mr Bird to turn round and look in the direction you think is best, what do you DO to make it happen?? Do you murmur to yourself "Turn, birdie, tu-hurn at last?" ;)

I'm happy for you that it did turn before you got your head locked in that position and would only get to look straight again with the help of a physiotherapist ... ;) (but maybe you're still so young that remaining in such position for any length of time doesn't do you any harm?).

Why the magenta cast, any particular reason for it?

I think I whispered quite a few things to that bird actually LaFoto, :). There is no PP, its just the way the c-41 B&W film I use seems to develop sometimes. I have no explanation for it, some photos develop B&W, some are almost sepia (like this one), and sometimes its just a single item in the photo that turns. Odd I know, but I like it sometimes, adds some sort of randomness to my planned out photos, you know?

David_low, I really love the transformers and the pole so much more than the little bird, but I really think that the bird sitting on the other end to break all of the negative space with facing the exact same way made it just perfect for me. Would you like it better without the bird?

i really love it just the way it is.

its nice to see somebody on here that lives in my neck o the woods. i live about a couple hours from stillwater in a one horse town. :)

Thank you Flower Child!
It is nice to see someone else from Oklahoma on here; and I understand all about one-horse towns, my parents recently moved out near a no-stoplight town (to retire and 'settle down', or disappear as I would say...), its is something else for sure.

David_low, I really love the transformers and the pole so much more than the little bird, but I really think that the bird sitting on the other end to break all of the negative space with facing the exact same way made it just perfect for me. Would you like it better without the bird?

If there were to be a bird, I'd prefer to be bigger, maybe a raven or something. The picture itself got to tell a story, not the title, though its still noticeable with squirting eyes. Sorry, its my honest opinion but thanks for sharing.

I see what you're saying, and I like where its going. I guess I'm still new enough to photography that I hadn't/haven't quite grasped that it can be more than just a picture. I'll take that into consideration next time I'm shooting, thanks David_low!

Thank you Flower Child!
It is nice to see someone else from Oklahoma on here; and I understand all about one-horse towns, my parents recently moved out near a no-stoplight town (to retire and 'settle down', or disappear as I would say...), its is something else for sure.

if you wanna get technical though, i live right across the border into kansas- but im pretty sure one-horse kansas towns are about the same as the ones in oklahoma. hehe. and yes....small town living is something else. no mountains and ocean sceans for us, huh. haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back