Just a couple shots from...(CAUTION)

shawnxstl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...my first time out shooting with an slr.

Oh...and yeah...the second picture may be a little graphic. If the mods don't like it then they can remove it or let me know so i can remove it. (i couldn't find the rules to check on this...sorry)

1)
2-11.jpg

2)
Just so i don't get any flames about this...I, in no way, support animal abuse or anything of that nature. In fact, I've been vegetarian for over a year now. I don't know how/when this dog died.

1-15.jpg

What do you think/suggestions on what I could've done better?

On the second, i would go back to that scene, and capture the scenery around the dog, because its like this is too blatant and simple, its a dead dog. I would like to see what's around the area to maybe ponder where it was going/or how it died, my point is the second is too focused, i need more in that picture.

The second could be better if you would darken the background and get some of that smokey effect out, overall the first is legit.

I suggest a reshoot when that dog is fully decomposed!:shock: Bones alone are a bit easier to take.
Has a morbid fascination quality to it though.

I suggest a reshoot when that dog is fully decomposed!:shock: Bones alone are a bit easier to take.
Has a morbid fascination quality to it though.

I plan on it. haha.

and YES! thats exactly what i thought about it to. I still have the full picture of it though...Ill post that in the next few minutes.
4-8.jpg

Too dark? And I can't really think of a way to make the dog stand out more..is it fine the way it is?

That second picture caught my eye, although it's quite hard to separate the dog from the picture. Is it a B&W photo original or did you take it with colors? Low the picture just have to focus on it to figure it out.

The first has nothing really special about it.

The second has an interesting subject I suppose.. but its flat and not compositionally interesting to me.

you can't even tell what the second pic is so i wouldn't worry about it

That second picture caught my eye, although it's quite hard to separate the dog from the picture. Is it a B&W photo original or did you take it with colors? Low the picture just have to focus on it to figure it out.

taken with colors.

In the last shot of the dog, the plastic Starbucks lid sorta kills it for me. (no pun intended)

In the last shot of the dog, the plastic Starbucks lid sorta kills it for me. (no pun intended)

the trash in the scene is why i cropped it to only show the dog in the first picture.

I guess i could go move the lid and plastic bottle and then reshoot.

Morbid fascination for sure. Just an idea but perhaps try it with the dog anywhere but dead center, (no pun intended there either). I think it would add a bit of interest if your eye found the dog and it was a bit of a surprise if that makes sense.

yeah that makes perfect sense. I'll visit the dog scene tomorrow and get some shots of it.

LOL @ all of the death related puns.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back