Just a couple shots...

bbaker35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now everyone remember...I'm a beginner. Just let me know what you think. I got these pics on a recent trip to the bahamas. All shot handheld. I really liked the water, but needed my tripod.

Number One
IMG_7038.jpg

Number Two
IMG_7172.jpg

Any comments welcome

#1 has great colors and tones. I think it could use a little bit more DOF but other than that it's fantastic!

#2 is a great stop-action capture, i guess. It looks to be in grayscale except for a green spot somewhere towards the top-left/middle.

Nice shots, keep it up. :thumbsup:

I really like the first because of the light you had when you took that one. Would you have wanted to use a tripod to get the first?
I would have taken that handheld, I am just sure...

As to the "stop-action" shot of the water ... do you wish you had had the means to take a slow shutter pic of the same? Is that where you missed you tripod? In that case I understand. It would have been nice to see both approaches to this falling water... this stop-action one and a moving water pic ... like I tried to capture fire burning in different manners (which_can_be_seen_here).

LaFoto-

Actually, When I wrote the part about not having a tripod I was planning on posting 2 other shots. I originally had planned to post 4 in this thread, but the last two got cut. Those were the ones that needed the tri. I certainly didn't need the tripod on the first, but would have been able to try a couple of other things on the second if I would have had one with me.

Thanks for the replies and comments on these shots. I honestly can tell that I am very very slowly getting better.

Ben

Most reactions

Back