Just a few and a question...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by graigdavis, Mar 15, 2004.

1. graigdavis

graigdavis TPF Noob!

I havnt got through all the pictures I took over the weekend but these are a few of them. It was my first time attempting street photography. I think next time Ill actualy go on the streets :D . This was just on the subway and in Tower City Cleveland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course, dont be affraid to make me cry :wink:

of these next two. do you like the color or b&w? or do you like this pic at all?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great shots Graig. I like all the B&W ones, and the one of the hands in the subway. The last shot is better in B&W I think. Nice ones :)

3. c0ntr0lz

c0ntr0lz TPF Noob!

i think the handrail one is the coolest
    it's not a shot that just antone would take
    nice work

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i think the ladie sred shirt in the last one is overpowering...i love it in black and white!!

nice work!

md

5. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    I love the last 3. The last one is way better in B&W. I think the handrail one looks best the way it is. I want to know what made you think to take a picture of that. I really like it.

6. graigdavis

graigdavis TPF Noob!

I see things :shock:

When Im "in the zone", everywhere I look and everything I see I look for an interesting picture.

Thats one of the first things people always say about my work. They never would have seen that. Thats what I strive for when Im out with my camera.

Usualy what i see in my head looks better in my head. Sometimes it will follow through to the camera though.

7. PhotoJoe

PhotoJoe TPF Noob!

These are great pieces. I would live to shoot on the subway but I'm afraid that I might get my ass kicked. Any tips to doing it?

8. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree, if the lady was more centrally focused, it would be fine as colour. Anyways, these pics get the 'chur bro!' award from me! I especially dig the subway hands one.

The first one would be choice too if the shadow weren't so strong.

Good work mate! :D

lol! I often think this too when i am i the public taking photos! Actually very crowded places have a sort anominity (misspelled :() at times... but once you start clicking and getting confortable its hard to stop.

9. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

That's the way I am too. It can be a bit frustrating sometimes, always seeing with that eye toward a photo, but especially so when there's no camera around! hehe

One thing I haven't done much of yet is just wandering around the city shooting photos. I guess I'm pretty shy at heart and don't know how to go about shooting people I don't know. If I ask them if I can take their photo, I think that would ruin a lot of the spontaneity of the moment, but I don't want some psycho trying to shove my 300D down my nostril. :|

10. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    The no camera around thing has happened to me a few times... it's really annoying. I try to keep my camera around me as much as I can.

Amen brother!

11. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like all these, but I think one is my favorite because I immediately attached an emotion to it, loneliness.

Between the color and b/w shot - I much prefer the b/w. The fluorescent light gives off kinda green tint that is rather unbecoming - but then again - maybe that's a good thing.... just curious, which do you prefer?

12. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    Now that I look at #2 again... it would have been great if one person with there luggage would have been standing in it somewhere.... just a thought.