Just a few and a question...

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I havnt got through all the pictures I took over the weekend but these are a few of them. It was my first time attempting street photography. I think next time Ill actualy go on the streets :D . This was just on the subway and in Tower City Cleveland.

48380184.jpg

48380183.jpg

48380180.jpg

and of course, dont be affraid to make me cry :wink:

of these next two. do you like the color or b&w? or do you like this pic at all?

48381179.jpg

48381159.jpg

Great shots Graig. I like all the B&W ones, and the one of the hands in the subway. The last shot is better in B&W I think. Nice ones :)

i think the ladie sred shirt in the last one is overpowering...i love it in black and white!!

nice work!

md

I love the last 3. The last one is way better in B&W. I think the handrail one looks best the way it is. I want to know what made you think to take a picture of that. I really like it.

karissa said:
I love the last 3. The last one is way better in B&W. I think the handrail one looks best the way it is. I want to know what made you think to take a picture of that. I really like it.

I see things :shock:

When Im "in the zone", everywhere I look and everything I see I look for an interesting picture.

Thats one of the first things people always say about my work. They never would have seen that. Thats what I strive for when Im out with my camera.

Usualy what i see in my head looks better in my head. Sometimes it will follow through to the camera though.

These are great pieces. I would live to shoot on the subway but I'm afraid that I might get my ass kicked. Any tips to doing it?

MDowdey said:
i think the ladie sred shirt in the last one is overpowering...i love it in black and white!!
md

I agree, if the lady was more centrally focused, it would be fine as colour. Anyways, these pics get the 'chur bro!' award from me! I especially dig the subway hands one.

The first one would be choice too if the shadow weren't so strong.

Good work mate! :D

These are great pieces. I would live to shoot on the subway but I'm afraid that I might get my ass kicked. Any tips to doing it?

lol! I often think this too when i am i the public taking photos! Actually very crowded places have a sort anominity (misspelled :() at times... but once you start clicking and getting confortable its hard to stop.

graigdavis said:
When Im "in the zone", everywhere I look and everything I see I look for an interesting picture.
That's the way I am too. It can be a bit frustrating sometimes, always seeing with that eye toward a photo, but especially so when there's no camera around! hehe

Thats one of the first things people always say about my work. They never would have seen that. Thats what I strive for when Im out with my camera.

One thing I haven't done much of yet is just wandering around the city shooting photos. I guess I'm pretty shy at heart and don't know how to go about shooting people I don't know. If I ask them if I can take their photo, I think that would ruin a lot of the spontaneity of the moment, but I don't want some psycho trying to shove my 300D down my nostril. :|

Shark said:
graigdavis said:
That's the way I am too. It can be a bit frustrating sometimes, always seeing with that eye toward a photo, but especially so when there's no camera around! hehe
The no camera around thing has happened to me a few times... it's really annoying. I try to keep my camera around me as much as I can.

graigdavis said:
Shark said:
One thing I haven't done much of yet is just wandering around the city shooting photos. I guess I'm pretty shy at heart and don't know how to go about shooting people I don't know. If I ask them if I can take their photo, I think that would ruin a lot of the spontaneity of the moment, but I don't want some psycho trying to shove my 300D down my nostril. :|

Amen brother!

I like all these, but I think one is my favorite because I immediately attached an emotion to it, loneliness.

Between the color and b/w shot - I much prefer the b/w. The fluorescent light gives off kinda green tint that is rather unbecoming - but then again - maybe that's a good thing.... just curious, which do you prefer?

Now that I look at #2 again... it would have been great if one person with there luggage would have been standing in it somewhere.... just a thought.

I asked Doxx the same question. You dont actualy sit there and point the camera at them and take the picture. Those pictures on the train i was shooting from the hip. My camera was actualy facing the opposite way I was standing for that picture. If your not looking through it people dont think your taking the picture.

You come out with some interesting pictures that way. You never really know what your focused on. You just have to be ready with your finger on the button because you never know what shot you may have to TRY and get.

I think the more I look at the last ones I like the B&W. I will almost always go for the B&W :) .

Someone said that once your comfy with shooting on the street you wont stop. And thats the truth. Now that I have done it and figured out a lot of how to pull it off its all I wana do now. I will be heading back into Cleveland for some more shots.

karissa said:
Now that I look at #2 again... it would have been great if one person with there luggage would have been standing in it somewhere.... just a thought.

I wish someone would have. I got a couple pictures of people standing there but they were too frikin happy :D . When I took the picture it felt more lonely than what the picture appears. It was cold and all you heard was the sounds of trains in the back ground and wind whipping through the station. I got chills when I looked down the tracks. The picture doesnt look as strong as it felt.

I saw that handrail shot on your website when i looked at it earlier and immediately loved it.

love the 1st one of the little boy too. innocence.

Most reactions

Back