Just a friendly reminder....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Go backup your photos, right now. Not tomorrow, not next week. Right now.

I was finally getting around to backing up my photos. I was using apertures vault before, then it started glitching. So I was going back through and saving as jpegs. Well, I got through 6/14 and my computer has finally bit the dust this morning. wont even turn on. I was working with 2 different drives so while I *think* I have some version of every photo (raw or jpeg) between the two, I'm not 100% sure. Cross your fingers for me please! Then uncross them and go backup your pictures!

Still no sympathy button. :apologetic:

Good luck!

Still no sympathy button. :apologetic:

Good luck!
Thanks. We were sort of thinking it might be a ram issue. I'm not sure if that would stop your computer from starting up though???.....
If it's ram, then maybe I can still 'Re-back everything up the way I wanted to!

Perhaps you can get it to start up by inserting the system software CD, holding down the "C" key on the keyboard, and booting off of the disc, not the internal hard drive. And then once started up, copy everything onto an external hard drive. I'm sorry to hear about your computer troubles...been there a time or two before myself...always nerve-wracking.

Perhaps you can get it to start up by inserting the system software CD, holding down the "C" key on the keyboard, and booting off of the disc, not the internal hard drive. And then once started up, copy everything onto an external hard drive. I'm sorry to hear about your computer troubles...been there a time or two before myself...always nerve-wracking.
Do iMacs come with that disk?? I dunno.... I leave the computer stuff up to dh. I'm much better at sitting around and biting my nails in anticipation than solving technology problems.;-) case in point- I needed my Bluetooth keyboard from the iMac to hook up to my iPad. My solution? Turn off blue tooth on the imac. You know because it's not like anything else *cough**mouse**cough* runs off Bluetooth....

I would think that yes, the iMac came with that disc. I believe that ALL iMacs have been built with the built-in superdrive, so there ought to be software discs that shipped with the computer. My iMac came with OS X system discs on DVD. I bet DH has the discs stashed someplace. There are also a number of Macintosh system repair utility apps that have OS X bootable volumes on them, and those repair discs can be used to boot a good number of Mac OS machines. My guess is that you re NOT as SOL as you think you might be.

I would think that yes, the iMac came with that disc. I believe that ALL iMacs have been built with the built-in superdrive, so there ought to be software discs that shipped with the computer. My iMac came with OS X system discs on DVD. I bet DH has the discs stashed someplace. There are also a number of Macintosh system repair utility apps that have OS X bootable volumes on them, and those repair discs can be used to boot a good number of Mac OS machines. My guess is that you re NOT as SOL as you think you might be.
He was at the time, trying to reboot and run a diagnostic test. But it sounds like the power bttton wouldn't work? Idk... he's sleeping now, but has tomorrow off so hopefully I get some sort of news by the evening.

I'd recommend a hard drive cradle for just about anyone:

Amazon.com hard drive cradle

It will allow you to salvage perfectly functioning drives from defunct computers.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It very well could be ram.A bad stick can cause boot up problems or even a endless cycle of reboots among glitches before it fails.Been there,done that but in a windows.I removed the bad stick and boom back up and running.My first suspect would always be a ram issue but could be other things.

It very well could be ram.A bad stick can cause boot up problems or even a endless cycle of reboots among glitches before it fails.Been there,done that but in a windows.I removed the bad stick and boom back up and running.My first suspect would always be a ram issue but could be other things.
We recently updated the ram and put in like...16 gigs? Well it only ever shows we have 8 running. Then I'd open aperture and it would show down to the 556 MBS. It's been getting slower and slower and slllloooowewweeerrrr...... But the replacement hard drive has always been really noisy! So we wonder about that too....*sigh*

Dh plugged in the old ram and got it to safe boot. Warning says it's the HD. *cry*

Most reactions

Back