just a little project

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Having taken leave of my senses I embarked upon a project of epic proportions. Nay, not epic, more like gargantuan (I'm thinking big to keep myself stoked for this task)!!

Why? Because my vision is going and I like things big, that's why! :lol:

Ok, really it's because it's been rattling around in my head for some time and I finally decided to do something about it. The project entails creating a pano of the dawn and the dusk of a single day combined into one shot.

Yep, that's right. The ultimate photobug sun shot- sunrise and sunset in one single shot.

The first half went off this morning. Hopefully the second half goes just as well.

Here, for your viewing pleasure- The Dawn

the_dawn.jpg

bigger version here

This portion is far from complete. Fifteen shots stitched together after 3 hours of work (ok, I'm slow!) and this is just a rough draft.

Cross your fingers and think good thoughts. Should I not return you'll know this thing jumped up, grabbed the 'bug by the throat and wouldn't let me up for air.

Either that or the computer gaaked at the file size. [shudder] Anyway, keep every body part you can crossed. I'll need all the luck I can get! [mad scientist cackle]

OK, I'm in for it. Hubby won't like it, though (mostly the aspect of keeping EVERY body part crossed.... erm...)

that is an amazing photo. just amazing. the color looks so pure and the way it reflects off the water.... beautiful.

Thanks, and I hope the second half turns out as well as this did.

We'll find out in about 2 hours! :lol:

Well, I hope nobody sat around waiting to see the rest of the masterpiece, cuz... it didn't work.

I failed to wait long enough after sunset and there's no way the colors or shadows will ever match.

Live & learn for next time. May be mission impossible, but I'll keep trying.

Hehe, not this set, but I'll get it eventually. I'll tell ya, if today was yesterday I'da had it knocked!

Just enoughclouds to make very colorful skies on both ends of the day.

Sigh...

Brilliant idea!!! the dawn shot is perfectly photobug. I think the sun sets a different color. But maybe if you included midday transition shots the spectrum would make more sense. Keep at it. The frame is going to take a lot of experimentation.

The frame is going to take a lot of experimentation.

And memory, processing time, and patience, and... and... maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. :shock:

Nah! :lol:

It may take me 3 years to do this, but I will get it done! 8)

Wow, best of luck. Great idea. Hey ever think about using like 42 ND filters and just elapsing the entire day!?!?!?!?! (more mad scientist laughter :lol: )

Most reactions

Back