just a rant on review sites and lenses

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Wally, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Wally

Wally TPF Noob!

Anyone else ever look at the many review sites on the web for camera gear? I am looking to get a new lens or two for Christmas. My wife will buy it, I just have to tell he what to get :D So anyway, I have been looking at some of the many review sites out there that feature lenses, and the revies on Amazon. I like to read reviews from real people.

Anyway I am shocked at just how many idiots there are out there. I am looking at spending $500-$600 or less. If I can I would like to get 2 lenses for my Canon SLRs so that puts me in the middle range for lenses at around $250-300 each which is something I understand.

What floors me is all the people who seem to think a $250 lens should work as good as a $1000 lens. Do they really think there will be no difference?

My favorite reviews were on the very cheap 50mm 1.8 that Canon sells for around $70 US. People actually complain that this lens is cheaply made, and has a plastic body:lmao: What are they thinking? It is only a $70 lens!!

Anyone else find this funny or am I the only one?

2. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

Yeah, i agree. I also hate how overly critical about lenses some of the reviewers are.

3. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The 50mm 1.8 is an awesome lense!!!!!! (though I did break one! :lol: )

4. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

I have that lens and really like it. I have yet to break it, although hopefully I'll be getting an ultra-sweet 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 for christmas