Just a Rock

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
Used low intensity flash on the rock face, and a polarizing filter. It was actually pretty dark overall and I did a lot of PS work on the rock, near background and far background separately. I wanted to see how seemlessly I could do it. What do you think?

DSC03949.jpg

i think i like it a lot! excellent control of exposure!

great contrast between the rock and the background. Nice shot Dan!

jadin said:
Looks amazing. I don't see any evidence of manipulation.

Digital cameras can rarely capture this much contrast. Who cares about manipulation when the end result is the only thing that really matters.

Great shot, drdan!
The contrast between the rock and background really created spaciousness and sepparation of the elements.
Great composition.

jadin said:
canonrebel said:
jadin said:
Looks amazing. I don't see any evidence of manipulation.

Digital cameras can rarely capture this much contrast. Who cares about manipulation when the end result is the only thing that really matters. :D :D :) :) :)

Umm... Exactly. My comment was supposed to be a compliment.

Sorry, Jadin, I neglected to insert the smileys. My comment was meant to be humorous. I never doubted that your comment was intended to be a compliment. :wink: Your posts on this forum would surely suggest that you are experienced enough to know the low-contrast characteristics of D-Photog.

Maybe I have a thing for rocks, I don't know, but I love this shot. I could care less what you did with it in PS, makes me feel like I'm there. I can almost smell the rain coming, feel the rock I'm sitting on, just enjoying nature as it comes. Job well done :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back