Just a vent...

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by tirediron, Jun 27, 2010.

1. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just shot what had to be one of the most difficult wedding shoots... Outdoors, 1.30pm, bright, sunny June day... HARSH shadows... and all I had available speedlights. At the end of the day? Thank gawd for the ability to shoot in RAW. Great day for the bride and groom, not so much for the photographer. Somethin' tells me I'm going to be in the pixelroom for a while....:confused:

2. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well John if it makes you feel any better, I had a nice time with my father and his sister this morning, and spent the afternoon with my wife. I cooked dinner and my wife and I watched a movie.

Now you can feel better knowing at least one person had a great day... ;):mrgreen:

3. tirediron

Photos OK to edit
    Oh yeahhhhhhhh... that makes it all better!!! Oh, and did I mention this was pro bono shoot? :er:

4. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Have you thought about maybe picking up a Fuji S5 Pro (built on the Nikon D200 chassis and AF module) for that kind of outdoor, killer-contrast type of work??? It has a huge following among people who have to shoot a lot in really problematic sunlight conditions. It's got the best bright sunlight, upper-end capabilities of basically any d-slr ever made, due to the dual photo-diodes (dual pixel sizes), the smaller of which are geared only toward capturing very brilliant light levels, giving it a very real,significant advantage in capturing highlights that would otherwise blow out and saturate the pixel wells on any other single-diode type camera. Just a thought...

I really detest having to plop down in front of the screen and massage a boatload of dappled-light or strongly sidelighted shots, etc,etc. to get the curves lifted up right so that the RAWs will be adjusted right to batch process into JPEGs for DVD's/print files.

5. tirediron

Photos OK to edit
    That'd be a solution, but it's not really worth having a special body for something I'd use so infrequently... Unless you happen to ahve one in your back pocket you're willing to send me... ;)