Just another beach shot?

Parago

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

here it is, my very first contribution to the 'critique forum'. Comment and edit away, please. Unfortunately, back when I took the picture (June 05) I didn't make notes on settings, etc. (I'm still learning to make this a habit..) I did however take it with my Fujifilm Finepix S5000. The light that day on the beach in Pensacola was absolutely stunning and I was trying to capture that.

I've tried to enhance it in Photoshop but everything I tried didn't really help the picture so I decided to just go with a little adjustment contrast-wise, that's all.

What do you think?:sexywink:

Angie

Attachments

• $PensBeach.jpg
    $PensBeach.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 226
well, i know it's not very helpful to you to simply say i like it but i do. there's something about it that captured my attention and i looked at it for a long while. i like the colors and i like whatever that is in the middle/back of the picture. looks like a rail. ?

I was going to say how I wasn't a fan of the photo but I read calmom's comment and looked at it again. The colours are great because they are not typical of a beach photograph. Commonly they are much warmer with deeper reds and oranges. The symmetry between the clouds and the waves works very well.

The light was, indeed, special on that day, with sun on your left (behind) and the dark cloud cover over the sea.
The photo is nicely composed with the pier as something to let the eyes travel along and mostly lines, lines, lines, both in the water (waves and shore) and in the clouds. Nice one. I don't think this needs any more enhancement. The only thing you might try, just try to see the result, is crop off the shoreline and thus lower the horizon a bit more. And you might want to try and find out what NeatImage might do to suppress the noise in the sky?

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments. :blushing:

@calmom.. it's an old pier, stretching far out into the ocean.

Oh and LaFoto.. thanks for the NeatImage tip.. can you see a difference? I like it!

Attachments

• $PensacolaBeach_filtered.jpg
    $PensacolaBeach_filtered.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 131
Oh yes! I can!
And you tried out the crop I was suggesting, too.
What do you think about it?

LaFoto said:
Oh yes! I can!
And you tried out the crop I was suggesting, too.
What do you think about it?

I like it better now, I have to admit. :sexywink:
But the difference NeatImage makes is just incredible. I've been playing with it for a while now and every picture I've ever taken in my entire life just looks so much better after getting rid of the noise.. even pics I thought were close to perfect. Thanks again for that tip. :hugs:

Great. I liked the picture at first instance. Read the comments ajmall and realized that the lovely symmetry between the plattform, clouds and waves was amazing. In the second Image you probably croped the image based on the rule of third. Looks good but the symmetry is lost.

It's very pretty. I played around with it in Picasa and this is what I got. It isn't neccesarily better than the original, but I think it's pretty.
pensbeachzv7.jpg

savannah said:
It's very pretty. I played around with it in Picasa and this is what I got. It isn't neccesarily better than the original, but I think it's pretty.

It is, it's very cool, very dramatic. A little unrealistic maybe, since the sky suggests a massive thunderstorm but the waves and sand are still glistening in the sun.. still, I like it! Thanks for sharing!

I gotta say this is just another tide rolling in beach shot.
Your light is pretty, but there is no focal point here.
There is nothing that makes me shot and say, "Wow."
It's a good average cool lighting beach shot.
Me likes, but don't adore.

elsaspet said:
I gotta say this is just another tide rolling in beach shot.
It's a good average cool lighting beach shot.

And I never claimed it was anything more than that. :sexywink:
I posted it here to get tips on how to maybe improve it, if at all (see first post).

And by the way.. there IS a focal point. The pier. :greenpbl:

Most reactions

Back