Just another beach shot?

mysteryscribe said:
I think the pier would be more a focal point if it wasn't dead on the plane with the horizon. It it were shot from an angle land end going out using it as a leading line. Taking the viewer inot the picture

Good point, I'll take that into consideration next time I'm down in Florida. :sexywink:

Sorry Parago, you asked, we answered. As I said above it's a nice shot. A standout? No. (Again sorry)
It's hard to say that the pier is the object of the photo as it's almost dead center, and on the same horizon of the ocean, and the same tones of dark gray.
This isn't meant to tear the photo down. It's a very nice photo. I know you won't be back to this location any time soon, so you can't just run out and try again.
This is meant as something to have at the back of your head in the meantime, for next time you are contemplating a cool shot.
Just a way to better yourself because after all, you did post this asking what we thought, and being in the critique area, it tells me you want to know how it could be improved.
I have to say, that critique has almost always improved my photography. Don't get upset, it's meant to help.
:)
Hugs!

Was this taken at Clearwater beach? Near Reddington Shores?

RMThompson said:
Was this taken at Clearwater beach? Near Reddington Shores?

No, it was taken on Santa Rosa Island. That was back in June 2005, still lots of debris and damaged buildings on the beach, pretty sad..

elsaspet said:
Sorry Parago, you asked, we answered. As I said above it's a nice shot. A standout? No. (Again sorry)
It's hard to say that the pier is the object of the photo as it's almost dead center, and on the same horizon of the ocean, and the same tones of dark gray.
This isn't meant to tear the photo down. It's a very nice photo. I know you won't be back to this location any time soon, so you can't just run out and try again.
This is meant as something to have at the back of your head in the meantime, for next time you are contemplating a cool shot.
Just a way to better yourself because after all, you did post this asking what we thought, and being in the critique area, it tells me you want to know how it could be improved.
I have to say, that critique has almost always improved my photography. Don't get upset, it's meant to help.
:)
Hugs!

I know, I know. I didn't get upset, it's just that, I know it's not a masterpiece composition-wise - I took the picture because of the beautiful light that moment, you know?!

Anyways.. I appreciate your criticism, even tho it might not look like I do. :sexywink:

looks good.. would be nice without the fooprints or tyre marks in the sand

druzilla said:
looks good.. would be nice without the fooprints or tyre marks in the sand

Well that's why I followed LaFoto's advice and cropped it differently. Check out the second version I posted. :sexywink:

it's been said, but I just wanted to say I really like the lighting/coloring because its not typical beach shot, I was expecting an orange and yellow picture and got gray and blue. I actually like the orginional the best so far, could you edit out just the seaweed to see what that looks like? but without any cropping, keeping the actual beach/sand in the picture

Most reactions

Back