Just bought a Nikon f5!

Ihaveaquestion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ebay style. Most likely spent too much but hey that things a monster!

Got it so I can use my Nikon glass for my film classes. I already own a film slr but its canon.

Cant wait to take it out for a spin.

Anybody here own one? What are your thoughts on it? Good bad whatever.

It's alot of camera. More than i'd ever need in a 35mm body.

I bought one when I moved on from my Canon AE-1. Sold the AE-1 and got a FM2n to go with the F5. I can use all but my "G" series lenses on both cameras.

Great camera, a bit heavy for some people but I'm 6'3" and 210 so it suits me well. I love the features and the metering is spot on for almost everything. Built like a tank, you will love it.

I considered it light when I bought mine. The F4 that preceded it was noticeably heavier. Great camera.

When I moved from an F4 to an F5 I felt like I won the lottery.

The F5 is a GREAT film camera. I think the option of a removable finder and ability to use the camera waist level makes it better than the F6. JMHO. I agree, it's most likely the best 35mm camera ever made. If someone wants to pick it apart, it might be accused of eating batteries. I have heard that complaint. It is a vast improvement in Batt life over the F4, and vastly easier on batteries than my D1 cameras.

The battery problem was only on the initial production. Mine is a latter one and is very good on batteries.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back