just bought a rebel xt

polock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought a digital rebel XT 8mp. what are your thoughts of this camera?? i really like my eos 35mm so wanted to stick with canon??

what are some good accessories to go after for this camera?? what filters are must haves? I do a lot of outside scenery and pics of my daughter

Well i would first pick a 50mm f/1.8 lens, its great and will really help you become a better photographer

What kinda of things do you have from your camera? Most should work with this one.

Which 35mm did you have?
Definately a polorizer and the above mentioned lens, I also have a 70-300mm.
Feel free to look through my flickr they are all XT pics.. :)
I had a 35mm Rebel which is why I stuck with Canon I could not justify spending any more than the XT either because it is purely a hobby I have no intention of making money and it took me ages to finaly break down and buy a DSLR.
I had some moments of doubt at first as it's been ages 7 years since i've touched an SLR but right now I am feeling pretty confident about it and me.. :D

I had an XT as my first dSLR, and it's a good camera. I still use it as a second body. I got a 50mm f1.8, but I can't remember the last time I used it. Polariser is good. A tripod and flash are the two most important accessories, i think.

I just bought a digital rebel XT 8mp. what are your thoughts of this camera?? i really like my eos 35mm so wanted to stick with canon??

what are some good accessories to go after for this camera?? what filters are must haves? I do a lot of outside scenery and pics of my daughter

Standard rule: never ask what people think of something you already spent your money on. :)

manaheim....... i got it really cheap so if it was a piss poor camera, I would sell it and make a little bit, and get another one. But if it is decent I wouldn't wanna go through that trouble :)

how do you know what filters are decent? there are a ton of 3 piece filter sets on ebay that come with the polarized and uv filters... are these worth a crap?

manaheim....... i got it really cheap so if it was a piss poor camera, I would sell it and make a little bit, and get another one. But if it is decent I wouldn't wanna go through that trouble :)

ah ok. :) That makes more sense then. :)

Cool that you got one cheap. Always a score. :)

I had an XT as my first dSLR, and it's a good camera. I still use it as a second body. I got a 50mm f1.8, but I can't remember the last time I used it. Polariser is good. A tripod and flash are the two most important accessories, i think.

What kind of flash would you recommend as a general step up from the built in flash on the XT?

The XT is a very fine camera - there are some who rate it higher than the XTi and the newer XT - mostly as both of these upgrades incrases megapixes without changing the sensor - leading to more noise in shots - even though the XT has great noise reduction.

Also, Take and XT and stick top end canon L lenses (and top end non-L) on it and you cat get wonderful shots.

here are XT shots standing up at pro level with the 20D - (note that the XT in eurpoe is called the 350D)
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/galleries/fauna-geese_and_ducks_of_racconigi.htm

wow those are some very nice shots... are there any lenses that are close to the L quality but not so damn expensive.. I don't forsee myself spending that kind of money on a lens anytime soon

wow those are some very nice shots... are there any lenses that are close to the L quality but not so damn expensive.. I don't forsee myself spending that kind of money on a lens anytime soon

as suggested the 50mm f1.8 is a great lens ($85 i think). no zoom though. it is a fixed focal length or prime lens. very sharp lens. great for low light.

sigma makes some good quality lenses that cost less than an L.

ok let me clarify what i am looking for.. a good versatile lens that is a zoom. I am looking for a good quality not best quality all around everyday lens

I think most of those ebay filter sets are junk. You really don't need any filters except a polarizer, and in some cases ND for long exposures. So maybe someone can suggest a specific model, Something like a Hoya, probably be at least $50.

Most reactions

Back