Just checking.

Meysha said:
AREGHGHGH!GH!GHGH!HG!GH!GH I hate that Black eyed peas crap.

I hate half the songs that little 10 year olds go around singing and their parents let them!!! If only they would listen to the words they would see how purely disgusting it all is.

Rant over.

Hate is a pretty strong word. Sometimes the words are considered as scat. Music is powerful. An open mind is always needed.

Rant over

Meysha said:
AREGHGHGH!GH!GHGH!HG!GH!GH I hate that Black eyed peas crap.

I hate half the songs that little 10 year olds go around singing and their parents let them!!! If only they would listen to the words they would see how purely disgusting it all is.

Rant over.
I like the BEP and I have nothing against this song. But, since I started work in a school and I see little girls singing songs I've started to take notice of what's played on radio and tv.
A lot of the time the kids don't spot that the song isn't innocent or they know it's rude but have no idea what it's actually about. They haven't got as much information about these things as us. They're only 10 and we have the internet. ;)

Hate is a pretty strong word. Sometimes the words are considered as scat. Music is powerful. An open mind is always needed.

Rant over
I dare you to do a google for "scat". :mrgreen:

About 5-6 years ago we had a "hit" in the UK from an instantly forgettable band. It's title? " I wanna have sex on the beach". Most of the lines? "I wanna have sex on the beach". Hearing little girls 7 years old and upwards singing this on the way to school is not a good thing. Touble is censorship cuts both ways.

Lol

I don't see anything wrong with people singing songs as long as their lifes aren't influenced enough to carry out what happens in the songs which is a rare occurence. It's like watching TV makes people shoot each other... just doesnt happen.

ferny said:
I like the BEP and I have nothing against this song. But, since I started work in a school and I see little girls singing songs I've started to take notice of what's played on radio and tv.
A lot of the time the kids don't spot that the song isn't innocent or they know it's rude but have no idea what it's actually about. They haven't got as much information about these things as us. They're only 10 and we have the internet. ;)

I dare you to do a google for "scat". :mrgreen:

Main Entry: 4scat
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): scat·ted; scat·ting
: to improvise nonsense syllables usually to an instrumental accompaniment : sing scat

"My Humps" may not be a good example. "Come Together" by the Beatles is a better one. In any case I think music education is the key.

At least it's better than if the 10 year olds were singing "my arse, my arse my arse my arse.." etc....right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back