Just curious

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does every thread have to be a learning experience... Sometimes I just enjoy hearing other opinions. I'm not sure anything is ever solved (ie someone actually changes their mind) by any thread, on any forum.

I think any thread that loses the interest of the participants dies under it's own weight. I know I have started plenty that did that. Some took longer than others, but eventually they all die.

Unless a thread gets mean, or becomes a personal assault, or violates some basic rule Ie no politics or religion ect, I don't see any reason not to just let them die on their own. As long as people post, it seems there is some interest in the subject. I don't think personal attacks are good for the forum but I think open discussion (within reason) is a good idea.

Why would anyone care if a thread runs it's course. If you get irritated don't open it. That's what I do. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't read any thread I start. Most likely they are the more intelligent ones here.

I'm not speaking so much of a thread being closed by an editor, as much as people calling for it to be shut down. Why would it bother someone for other people to voice their opinions as long as they are civil about it.

I do not think so. Clearly there are plenty of posts here where people want to display their works without any expectation of learning anything or even improving. They took a picture with a camera. They liked it. Now they are a photographer and can legitimately post on a website with photography as the theme.

I am okay with that. It helps if they are honest about that fact upfront.

Then there are the posts where the individual wants opinions, but not really and goes into defensive mode as protector of "the baby" so to speak.

These websites have lives of their own. They require a lot of personal filtering in that whoever visits the site really does not have to look at every single thread to feel that he belongs here. I tend to skip a lot based up varied, personal criteria.

There is a lot to see so threads do come and go. Some get crazy. Others are just a lot of fun. Having the moderator shut down a thread is probably overkill.

In reference to your threads and comments, I certainly do not hesitate to open them. I find them to be interesting even when I disagree. Often, they don't need any response from me, but I find them informative and/or entertaining anyway.

For my own posts, I tend to be choosy. I also tend to be straightforward and honest. Being honest does not mean that I am always right for the reader, but I am true to myself and my training. My comments are not intended to be mean, but I recognize that the might rile relative to one's individual thinking processes and experiences. And even those reactions and responses might not be correct either.

These sites are meant to be fluid and flexible.

Rusty Tripod

Most likely they are the more intelligent ones here.

I'll take that as a personal compliment....:lmao:

Actually I have learned a great deal by being a part of the forum. Aside from reading inputs from members regarding most threads, I have gone to recommended web sites for further instruction concerning PhotoShop and other programs.

It's all about communicating and sharing......:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back