Just Did a Shopping Trip

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hoooo boy... this was REALLY hard to press the purchase button. I deliberately got into doing this professionally so I could justify stuff like this, but I'm now stepping out of the 100% "I desperately need this" into the space of the "Well, I DO need it... but I could technically live without it..."

This also happens to be the space where things are starting to cost me a minimum of $300-600, and I've now acquired all the lenses I need that are under the $600 price point... all my next lenses are $1200-1500. :shock:

Anyway, I'm still pretty excited, so I wanted to share the shopping list. :)

I got...
Now I just hope most of it gets here before Wednesday of next week because I really need it all for a job. :lol:

GO ADORAMA AND B&H GO! GO GO GO!!!

2430617084_8121bd4e88.jpg

Spring for one of these badboys. :lol:

^^^ After all the money I just spent, I cannot afford an empty milk jug!!! :lol:

I actually am going to get some light stands and stuff (triggers and such too), but my wife is already going to go mental when she sees the final bill, so I figured another $200 or so probably would be ill advised. :) I'll slip that in a month from now instead! :)

You should wrap or paint the sides black. At this point you have light flying all over the place.

Love & Bass

Sounds like my Gary Fong Lightsphere...

You'll have a good time with the two SBs.

Grats dude.

You'll have a good time with the two SBs.

Grats dude.

Thanks! I'm excited to try out a multi-flash multi-snoot kinda thing. Should be very fun. I'll have to see what the limitations are on line of sight for the commander mode until I get the radio slaves.

Sounds like my Gary Fong Lightsphere...

Probably works better than one too... :lol: :lol:

Hey Chris, if that SB-800 is new, it's supposed to come with:
- a 5th battery compartment
- 2 gels
- a small foot stand
- A diffuser
- A manual
- it's own nylon case!

All in the signature gold Nikon box... why did you buy another diffuser?

Maybe we can use a color translucent plastic wraps to wrap around that milk jar to create different effects.

I'm trying my best to wait to spend money on other equipment. If you have any extra send some my way...heheehehe

Probably works better than one too... :lol: :lol:

Hey Chris, if that SB-800 is new, it's supposed to come with:
- a 5th battery compartment
- 2 gels
- a small foot stand
- A diffuser
- A manual
- it's own nylon case!

All in the signature gold Nikon box... why did you buy another diffuser?

ummmm... cuz I'm an idiot and didn't do my research??? :lol:

Ok, well I guess I have an extra diffuser for sale!!! :) Anyone want one? :lol:

It has a 5th batt compartment? That's interesting... just so it has more power/lasts longer or is it like a RAID hot spare kind of thing?

*Chris needs to do more research before buying stuff apparently* :lol:

I'm trying my best to wait to spend money on other equipment. If you have any extra send some my way...heheehehe

heh, I'm actually just starting to get to that point. This will be my first purchase that will actually displace one item I use pretty regularly now. Of course, it happens to be kind of a piece of junk, but...

Oh shoot, I just realized I need to buy a circular polarizer for that 18-200. Hmmm... wonder if I can slip that in without the Marcia noticing. :lol:

God this hobby/business is a money pit.

Hey I work on hot rods, I know what money pits are, this is the SAME THING...lmao

2430617084_8121bd4e88.jpg

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!Bugger!

(Soaking wet keyboard)

Thanks for that.

:(

By the way, wouldn't it work better if the label was pulled off?

Has anyone else received the B&H book yet? I got mine in the mail yesterday and I felt like when I was a little kid going through the Sears Wishbook and marking everything I wanted. Except, this wish book is a LOT MORE EXPENSIVE!

Congrats on the new gear. I have about the same setup, but I haven't had the opportunity to use both flashes simultaneously since buying the SB800.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back