Just engaged, Wedding Photog Question.

RebelChick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Obviousely I cant take photos for my own wedding. What should i look for in a Wedding Photographer? What amount is WAYYY over priced and what is WAYYY underpriced that they would be crap? (just example dollar amounts) also. I am interested in the new upcoming trend of Pre wedding Boudoir photos.. Do most Wedding photogs offer this an an additional package or should i really search for only the ones that do? ANY wedding photog advice would be great! TIA

You're American? It'll help to know where you are ;)

Having not been married the only advice I can give is you make sure you like the people doing the work. If you get along well then it should make the whole day better.

You're American? It'll help to know where you are ;)

Having not been married the only advice I can give is you make sure you like the people doing the work. If you get along well then it should make the whole day better.

Yes I am American lol.. I live in Maryland.

well on the price issue, your budget is under consideration, also, keep in mind that more money isnt always better quaility.

I just got married and my only suggestion is make sure your comfortable with your photographer, you enjoy their work, and consider your budget with all this in mind.

Hope this is helpful.

Congratulations!

I would google photographers in your area, also join wedding forums-if you can deal with all the drama :) that will give you an idea on price.

meet with several photographers, ask to see printed pics and un edited pics etc and talk about what you want.

Obviousely I cant take photos for my own wedding.

Why not? Don't you have a QuikPod? :mrgreen:

I wonder if someone makes a high-res wearable that could be used to do a bride's-eye-view wedding set. With enough memory, you could just leave it on continuous for the ceremony. Putting them on other participants could be neat too.

Yes I am American lol.. I live in Maryland.

You're really going to have to research the wedding photogs in your area to get a good idea. It varies a lot depending on where you are.

I can say that I live in Illinois, but that doesn't give you an accurate idea...You may give me Chicago prices, but I live in Podunk. You will not find photographers in my area charging what they would for the same quality in Chicago.

I'd just start calling photographers, compare prices and portfolios, and ask for references.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back