just enrolled...

sexyme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I just call me sexy...:sexywink:
I just enrolled in photography because it's my passion,to all experts out there,would you mind giving me some advise on this matter?I know I'm in the right forum thats why I want to learn more tips and techniques in photography.

thank you so much,your replies would be a big help for me.

Advice on which matter? Photography in general? Enrolling in the school? Sorry, but your question seems very vague.

Hi I just call me sexy...:sexywink:

No one here will believe you are sexy without showing us the photographs to prove it...

Can you be more specific about what you want to know...?

Jedo

Welcome to a great place, there are more then enough great people here to answer any questions you may have. So ask away..........

Advice on which matter? Photography in general? Enrolling in the school? Sorry, but your question seems very vague.

Sorry guys, Ive been busy in my studies right now. Well, I'm in the Philippines studying in IAFT. I just want to ask some tips and techniques in General Photography? I know this is the right place:)

Sorry guys, Ive been busy in my studies right now. Well, I'm in the Philippines studying in IAFT. I just want to ask some tips and techniques in General Photography? I know this is the right place:)

Hm...

This is a bit like walking into an auto mechanics shop and asking, "what suggestions do you have for making my car run better?" without telling them what kind of car it is, what problems it's having, etc...

As far as general tips and techniques for photography, I would suggest that you do as much research on composition and exposure; then go out and shoot, shoot, and shoot some more.

My next tip would be to figure out what you like to shoot and then go out and look at and critique as many photographs by other people in that genre. Once you've figured out what you like, figure out why you like it. Then go out and try to shoot keeping in mind the elements that speak to you.

After you've gained competency at what you love, explore other genres and learn as much as you can about them and get as good as you can at them so that the skills from one will lend themselves to the others.

And finally, learn how to ask pointed questions. When you ask general "what kind of tips and techniques do you have" type questions, some folks here get their backs up and either won't respond or will respond with an attitude. Basically, their attitude is "I've spent years of study and practice honing my photographic skills and you come traipsing in expecting that knowledge to be handed to you without doing any work on your own?!"

Well, first off I would recommend taking photographs. LOTS of photographs. For me, there's nothing that can help you learn like practising. Take photos of "boring" subjects as well; I quite often spend half an hour just taking photos of stuff around my house and experimenting with various settings.

Rather than sticking with "Auto" mode, always, always try out other modes, like Aperture Priority ("Av" or "A" mode) and Shutter Priority ("Tv" or "S" mode). Yet again, just experiment with various settings and see what does what. When you see a beautiful sunset or landscape, don't just take one photo of "Auto" and hope it comes out alright: take 10 or 20 in various modes with various settings. Admittedly, 19 of those might come out badly, but if you're good enough, there's bound to be one or two that look stunning.

Good luck out there!

#1 - Get ahold of a camera.
#2 - Take some photos.
#3 - Take a look at your photos and ask yourself why your photos came out that way.
#4 - Post them here and ask for suggestions on how you could have taken them or post process them better.

That should be a start in the right direction, IMO.

i thought you enrolled on a photography class, "in photography" perhaps. they teach the basics there right? if that's the case then people here can help you when you show us/them ur shots and we/they will give you some c&c to help you improve. :)

Most reactions

Back