Just fell in love with my D50 all over again!

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by BekahAura, Mar 24, 2010.

1. BekahAura

BekahAura TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok so even though I've had my Nikon D50 since 2006, and I've taken a bunch of classes on photography (mostly film) I've just started learning about off camera lighting, and everything more technical than shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.

I was looking into getting a new camera, but I decided to wait until I got my lighting equipment and learned what I could from it. My dad and I were looking at all the new Nikons and I was very disappointed at the flash sync speed on most of them.

I just assumed the sync speed on my D50 would be even more horrible. So I finally got the manual out and was shocked to see 1/500s. I couldn't believe it, I must be reading this wrong, I did a quick google search and was even more shocked to see that many people had discovered how to sync as high as 1/4000s! All because of my wonderful electronic shutter.

New camera, not too soon. Some speedlights, stands, and umbrellas - as soon as I finish reading the strobist blog. I can't wait to start using off camera lighting!!!

2. JimmyO

JimmyO TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    True. Im in the market for a 2nd backup body and im looking at the d70 just for this reason. I shoot alot of action midday with strobes and 1/500th really helps

3. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

There is a reason I still have my D50. I have 3 other DSLR's and the D50 is not going anywhere any time soon. It was a great learning camera for my wife. She is now used to the D300's (2) we have. But I have never considered trading it in or selling it. If low light is not an issue. Still a great camera.