Just for the flower people

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8 shots hopefully just for viewing enjoyment

1. Water Lily - and yes, once again it was raining on me. Just kept pulling the camera out from under my shirt. I wasn't the only one out in the rain though.
f11, 1/100, 200, 105mm Pattern meter, Ap Pri.
LGF0632copyresized.jpg

2. Water Lily
f11, 1/80, 200, 105mm, Pattern meter, Ap Pri.
LGF0633copyresized.jpg

3. Water Lily
f11, 1/50, 200, 105, Pattern meter, Ap Pri.
LGF0637copyresized.jpg

4. Orchid
f5, 1/30, 500, 58mm, Pattern meter, Normal Program
LGF0638copyresized.jpg

5. Fern
f9, 1/30, 360, 105mm, Pattern meter, Ap Pri.
LGF0648copyresized.jpg

6. Hibiscus
f8, 1/80, 200, 40mm, Pattern, Ap pri
LGF0653copyresized.jpg

7. The pattern of these cactus made me dizzi to look at them.
f20, 1/30, 1400, 35mm, Pattern meter, Ap Pri.
LGF0657copyresized.jpg

8. Unknown plant
f10, 1/60, 200, 70mm, Pattern meter, Shutter Pri.
LGF_0663copyresized.jpg

Lovely, just lovely. I like the water lilies best! :thumbup:

Thanks to all. I had to dump a lot of various water lily shots. I have real challenges with the D90 and saturation. It's reviews all said it's output was "muted". I don't care for the VIVID setting because it makes some colors look unrealistic (especially the reds). If anyone has a D90 and any advice please share.

first is nice, but just a tad under exposed

#7 that's clearly an evolutionary adaptation to protect against being photographed by digital cameras.

"-Interpolate this!"

Same photo, on the background we see an example of an adaptation against photographers sitting on the conveniently sized and placed cactus to take close-ups of the first subject in an attempt to defeat its optical disruption camouflage.

On the other hand, the rock on the right illustrates an example of natural selection at work: the presence of the rock allows predatory photographers to photograph the camouflaged cactus up close anyway, while at the same time it protects the other cactus from and and all attempts of being sitted (sat?) upon. Such is the harsh nature of... nature.

Attempting to sit on the spiny cactus anyway earns you a Darwin award.

Damn you biology!

I also want to eat the water lily of #2, it looks so fleshy and sugary. I bet it tastes like a do-not-eat-me-again adaptation against curious photographers and other mammals - although we are naturally attracted to the prety colours.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back