Just getting re-started, a couple questions...

flea77

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.allanhallphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It has been a long time since I shot film and I am getting back into it, finally. I will be shooting a Contax G1 with Ilford Pan F+ 50 and Fujicolor Superia Reala 100. What I need is a good photo lab to develop my film and in a perfect world to provide nice scans as proofs. Back in the day I had a bunch of developing and printing done at Meisel but their website now doesnt seem to mention developing. Right now I do not have the time or inclination to do it myself so I am just looking for a good reliable and hopefully not terribly expensive lab.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Allan

I'm not really sure about sending it out, but I get my color film developed at my local 1hr lab, developed only, then I scan the negatives myself with my film scanner. It only costs me 3 bucks per roll. If i'm shooting medium format, I develop it myself. (color developing isn't any harder than b&w) The other day the machine at Rite-Aid was broken, so I developed a roll of Ektar 100 myself and it almost seemed like it had smoother grain than when I take it to the 1hr lab.. I do all my b&w myself and scan that too.

Most reactions

Back