Just got a macro

JdWiding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picked up my first macro today, 40mm f.2.8 nikkor. I already wanna upgrade to the 105mm, 40mm requires me to get just too close, but its fun to play with!

I LOVE the detail it produces, went to the beach today and got a couple shots, this was some kind of skeleton that washed up... weird, but interesting, I love how it shows all the gains of sand in detail when zoomed into it.

$DSC_0189.jpg
$DSC_0184.jpg
$DSC_0200.jpg

nice photo... just wanted to comment to tell you that, that is an egg case for baby whelks (or banded tullips... i forget which ones but totally from a living mulusk) each chamber has little teeny tiny shells in them. if i remember correctly the babies eat through the walls and each other to get stronger and eventually make it out. but it does look like a creepy snake skeleton or something. :)

Great shots, I might have to try some of those angles on my beach.

I am fairly new macro my self.

I have EF 100mm f/2.8 USM and playing around with it allot.

I love macro there is all ways some thing neat to shoot at up close.

Nice close-up. I would agree that is an old Whelk egg-case, though not the ones I am familiar with this side of the Atlantic.

Last edited:
The first is my favorite of the three. Good job.

The 105mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor is the macro against all others are judged. I have an older (c. 1982) 105mm f/4 and love it. I don't care that it doesn't meter on the D40.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back