Just Got A Nikon D5100

Have you played with the diopter? It's the little tiny wheel next to the view finder. If your eyes aren't that bad you might be able to take them right off and use the viewfinder. Also, I wear contacts so once in a while I do take pictures with my glasses on. It takes a little bit of time.

Also go in the menu and change the autofocus to af-s and see if that helps. You can just hit the info button and scroll around on the screen that's says the shutter speed and aperture. To the left down towards the middle will be the place to change it to af-a, af-c and af-s.

Live view isn't bad but it does have a shutter lag and it can cause more shake - at least for me.

Sorry - to the right of the screen. I don't have my camera in front of me!

One of the first things that I saw in the manual - When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally. Lol

Have you played with the diopter? It's the little tiny wheel next to the view finder. If your eyes aren't that bad you might be able to take them right off and use the viewfinder. Also, I wear contacts so once in a while I do take pictures with my glasses on. It takes a little bit of time.

Also go in the menu and change the autofocus to af-s and see if that helps. You can just hit the info button and scroll around on the screen that's says the shutter speed and aperture. To the left down towards the middle will be the place to change it to af-a, af-c and af-s.

Live view isn't bad but it does have a shutter lag and it can cause more shake - at least for me.

It's not really bad, but it is like f/5.6 focused 10 cm in front of my eye (if you know what I mean). I was using AF-S. I agree the LiveView do have shutter lag, but I will eventually have shutter lag when taking pictures, so it isn't such a problem, but camera shake is much worse when not using the OV.

Most reactions

Back