Just got an old Argoflex...

explody pup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For the outrageous price of $1. I know there are a few folks on here into vintage cameras and who might be able to answer my questions.

1. Any idea what the shudder speed is on the "INST" setting? My guess is 1/100 or thereabouts, but I'd like to have a solid number (for my 2nd question) and I can't seem to find any factory specs on the sites I've visited.

2. I'm thinking about getting an Argo flash-gun for cheap off of ebay and modding it with a flash shoe so I can use my flash on it. I can't imagine this being too difficult. Pretty much just removing the original bulb housing (whatever you call the metal flash dome), attaching the hot shoe and splicing in the appropriate wires. Is there anything I should be considering before I take this on?

3. Does anyone know where I can get a simple 2-point hotshoe? What about some 620 spindles?

4. I could probably use a search for this, but it's still kinda on subject: Anyone care to recommend a changing bag for transfering medium format film to a 620 spindle and maybe loading developing tanks when I finally get around to that?

Thanks!

620 film should fit onto 120 developing reels no problem.

Before you reroll a bunch of 120 onto 620 reels, make sure you need to. With many 620 cameras you can load it with 120 (on the 120 spool) as long as you have a 620 take up spool. You can find 620 spools on Ebay.

I would guess that Inst = 1/50th to 1/100th.

Date: 5/12/03 1:32 PM I had 400 speed film in the camera and had already determined that it severely underexposed indoors with the built-in shutter speed (1/60) so I switched it to "time" and held down the shutter for approx. 2-3 seconds. This one actually came out!

http://www.infogoddess.com/photogallery/Argoflex/

This is the closest thing I can find to a shutter speed, and I cannot verify it.

Most reactions

Back