Just got d200 - C&C some nature please.

jerbol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All right just got my D200! All of these taken with the 55-200mm DX VR Wanted to see what I could get away with ISO and such. I have been learning for a month so please be harsh, I have a lot to learn. Also ignore the date on image data, my camera isn't set right. OOPS. Hope 5 is not to many. Bigger versions on flickr stream http://www.flickr.com/photos/bollaphoto/
Also what do you use to quickly copy text from exif to paste in forum?
Thanks,
Jerry

3554682230_ca6f71b1a3.jpg

3553874233_416e677c83.jpg

3554680054_3f8ef66c01.jpg

3554679540_9207cf98d7.jpg

3554679028_c61bac7252.jpg

Last edited:
What was the ISO? To me they are very noisy, but cool subjects!

Very nice shots! This should be stickied for all of the people who come in asking what Nikon to get on a budget.

Don't worry about posting the EXIF, the people who pay attention to it know how to find it. If you really want to, just posting aperture/shutter/iso is good enough.

What was the ISO? To me they are very noisy, but cool subjects!
I set the ISO to 1250 to see what I got. I didn't do any noise reduction. I wonder how much it would help. I figured this would be to high from what I have read.
Really just trying to learn the camera, and make the most of it.
Thanks for the compliments to everyone, I got a alot of musquito bites from this little walk in the woods.

These are really cool, although I'm not really digging the B+W one. The last one is reeeeeally good. Bokeh is just perfect. ;)

These are really cool, although I'm not really digging the B+W one. The last one is reeeeeally good. Bokeh is just perfect. ;)
What do you think I should do to improve the B+W one? Or is it just boring?

I'm fine with the "noise" in these shots. Reproduced at this size, its hardly a distraction from the overall subject quality. You're going to have more obvious noise in solid color areas sure, but overall it doesnt distract.

I would work on that last one; its possible, but I'm sure that tree bark wasn't as green as it appears.

I'm fine with the "noise" in these shots. Reproduced at this size, its hardly a distraction from the overall subject quality. You're going to have more obvious noise in solid color areas sure, but overall it doesnt distract.

I would work on that last one; its possible, but I'm sure that tree bark wasn't as green as it appears.
I agree that the noise isn't a deal breaker in this case. Thanks for the tip about the bark, I will see if I can get it more natural looking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back