Just Got My 40D

nyr1023

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I just got my new 40d and of course I had to take a picture of my puppy Penelope. I also got some books and have been reading the manual so I have a long way to go but I wanted to share one of my first pics.

I know the lighting and position is not great but she looked so cute looking out the window waiting for my husband to come home.

I am learning so c&c welcome.

IMG_0159.jpg

clumber spaniel or st bernard?

If it's a clumber, it is not a common dog!

All I see is an overexposed "X"

nyr, I am just learning to use free downloadable photo editing programmes & had a "go" at your pic. I adjusted for back-lighting & sharpened a bit. I think it helped.

Dog.jpg

Looks almost like the pic was taken too close for the lens.... nothing looks terribly in-focus but not to the point of being grossly OUT of focus either.

How close was the END of the lens you to the dog? A foot away? 10?

nyr, I am just learning to use free downloadable photo editing programmes & had a "go" at your pic. I adjusted for back-lighting & sharpened a bit. I think it helped.

Dog.jpg

Thanks Ron!

Looks almost like the pic was taken too close for the lens.... nothing looks terribly in-focus but not to the point of being grossly OUT of focus either.

How close was the END of the lens you to the dog? A foot away? 10?

She was too close. I was trying to get a picture of her looking out the window but she swung her head around to look at me. So you are correct. The focus is way off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back