Just got my Avenger stuff ... WOW

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Holy smokes, this was a good purchase. Got a 40" base, C-Stand w the one slidable leg, kit included a 40" arm w/ a grip head.

It's expensive as hell, but man this is SOLID STUFF. Wow. I bet I'll be using this C-stand 20 years from now. Simple, rugged, durable ... my kinda gear.

This is the first time I've ever dealt with higher-end gear like this ... and the difference is totally night and day.

I am very very pleased. Got another one coming tomorrow! :boogie:

Yup, they make good C-stands! I use two oldies, Avengers, as my most-loved stands...I really love how rugged they are, and how tip-resistant they are. Avengers are nice C-stands. I've heard the story that the original C-stands were named "Century stands" because they were expected to last 100 years. I'm not sure if the Matthews company invented the C-stand or the "turtle base" type stands or not, but I think the Matthews company owns the trade name Century stand". Anyway...yeah, there's a lot of satisfaction inherent in the way a C-stand does its job! Just soooooo much less prone to tipping over than lightweight, three- and four-section aluminum stands that fold up to skinny little bundles!!

Most reactions

Back