Just got my new Nikon D40!

CameronDelray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It came in UPS this afternoon, and unfortunately there wasn't any daytime left to take pictures, so I settled for taking a couple pictures of my dad. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can wonder the town, and take plenty of pictures!

So here it is, my very first DSLR picture! :D

2923648350_ca9bc40b95.jpg

Last edited:
HAHA
No better way to start a DSLR's Life :)

So, I know this is in the kitchen, and the cabinets are obviously showing, but am I off to the right start?

Congrats on the D40! That's what I have and I love the thing to death. Unless I am work, it hardly ever leaves my neck! So do you just have the 18-55 kit lens, or did you get anything else with it? I have the 18-55 with VR and the 55-200 with VR. I'd highly recommend that as a next lens for a beginner to DSLR cameras. It's not the fastest lens ever, but it gives you a nice reach for a nice price. I've nabbed some pretty nice pictures with it.

Again, congrats!

Congrats on the cam!

congrats on the camera, its a great one.. as for are you off to a right start.. kinda hard to judge.. it just looks like a snap shot.. once you've gotten out and taken some pictures post em, then we can give more critique.

I also have the D40 and LOVE it! I cant wait to see your photos!

heh
Congrats on your purchase. I have D40 and it is great camera. It won't let you down.
In the future you should consider buying another lens.
Keep shooting and post samples of your work.

congrats on your new cam!

i love my D40 and am sure you will too...keep shootin'!

Thanks everyone! Yeah, it upset me that I didn't get it until it was too late to go outside and take photos without a tripod.

Unfortunately all I have is the kit lens so far. The next things on my agenda are a tripod, and a new lens. But I'm on my way out the door now to get some pictures! I will post them later today!

Thanks again guys. :]

Most reactions

Back