I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
saw this and just had to have it.. no idea why.
pentax auto 110 Super with autowinder, flash, bunch of lenses, and case.
50mm f/2.8 X2
24mm f/2.8 X3
18mm f/2.8

no idea why it had two 50mm's and three 24mm's, guy just threw in everything he had for it.
picked it up kinda cheap just because it looked interesting.
i have NO idea what I got other than a 110 film camera.
anyone know anything about this camera and lenses? Is it any good at all? its TINY!
hopefully it is a decent little camera. cant wait to try it out.
Let me know what I got guys! or if its a total waste of time!

View attachment 18286View attachment 18287View attachment 18288

I'd like to know more about the FLASH unit...I happen to have a very,very SMALL Pentax flash that might be a 110 accessory...I'd like to know if it is or not...these were made in the late 1970's and early 1980's as I recall...Minolta also had a 110 SLR...the Pentax was more-popular...VERY small SLR camera....kind of a novelty, but ALSO one of the best 110-format cameras ever made.

the flash does NOT appear to work. put batteries in it but will not fire when I hit the test button...
not sure if it is just dirty contacts or if it is just broken. the lenses are all in ex+ shape, and the auto winder works fine.
im a little miffed about the flash not working, but I guess thats how it goes sometimes. :(
if you want Derrel, I will upload some closer shots of just the flash and you can get a better view of it.
overall however, the camera is cool as hell! all manual focus of course, but cool.
apparently they make a 28-40mm zoom and a 70mm fixed for it. and something called a pan focus 18mm lens. no idea what that is tho.. just what it says in the instruction manual. apparently the "super" model I got has a timer and +1.5EV button that the regular auto 110 did not have. huzzah for upgraded models! :mrgreen:

Nice score - what you've got is, as far as I know, the only 110 interchangable-lens SLR system ever made. I have NO idea what Pentax was thinking when they made this, but I do know that I always wanted one.

I saw it at an antique section of a flea market that is all old cameras and lenses. I was looking at a nikkor-Q 135mm f/3.5 (didnt get it) guy was asking $40 for it and its MF. The auto 110 super just looked sooo cool. and those TINY SLR lenses! ones got a skylight filter, most have lens caps front and rear.
even with the flash not working, I looked them up on ebay and still got a pretty decent deal. maybe not a STEAL, but fair enough I could easily get my money back if i sold what was working. I just hope it doesn't end up like my wife's Rolleiflex. we put a roll of film in the Rollei 3 years ago and we are only halfway through it. (the camera guy at the antique place said that was a sin) Im hoping the Pentax is just interesting enough to me that I actually get out and shoot with it a bit. ill just have to find some well lit areas, although i doubt the flash was all that great to begin with. and im really hoping that the lenses will produce a decent picture.

we put a roll of film in the Rollei 3 years ago and we are only halfway through it.

That is incredibly, so very WRONG! I mean gees... if you hate shooting it THAT much, send it to me! I'll adopt it and give it a loving, nurturing home.

UPDATE...I got the flash working!!! yay!
the battery door wasn't making a good connection to the AA batteries.. a slight adjustment and I heard the flash power up, and the test button fired it just fine! so now we have a full working setup! NOW i have to try and find the rare 70mm and even rarer 20-40mm zoom for this thing.. maybe even the pan focus 18mm, although i have NO idea WTF pan focus is.. gonna try and google it in a bit. im actually excited to get some 110 film and try this thing. shame I cant get as excited over the Rolleiflex. its still sitting boxed up on a shelf in our closet.

It is very shameful of us. Have to smack my hand lol. Just have a hard time giving it up. Inherited family camara and all.

I just got on ebay and snagged two auto 110 bodies that were listed for parts for cheap. one comes with two lenses.
i will probably try and sell a few of the extra lenses. maybe I can recoup some of that money. Going to order some B&W and Color film and see what this thing can do. finding a place to develop it however, may be a little more difficult.

I have a Pentax 110 from my father that I used as a kid as well. Some are adapting these lenses to the micro 4/3 with good success. The main limitation is that there is no aperture diaphragm inside the lens so you can only shoot wide open.

The main issue I would guess is finding 110 film and someone to process it.

Its by far the best 110 camera ever made.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back