just got sb-200 gettign blurry images

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SHOOT! i mean i got a sb-600! NOT sb-200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have my shutter speed at the max, 1/200. but i still get blurry images using sb-600 shooting skate photos. how can i fix this?? here's an example of the blur:

n1564080804_1167316_9579.jpg

is it because theres so much available light? like if i used it at night would i get no blur?

For that kind of lighting, I don't think you'd need the flash. Were you focused on the rail waiting for him? If so, focus on him when he starts off, and pan. You can get some good effects that way.

For that kind of lighting, I don't think you'd need the flash. Were you focused on the rail waiting for him? If so, focus on him when he starts off, and pan. You can get some good effects that way.

i did that lighting for a cool effect. but, panning isnt a good skateboard shot.... they want to see the tricks.

It's focusing problem...the background and the guy on the left are in focus.

Hey.....you already posted this photo! Double-dipper in the room.

I think it is a decent shot as far as the whole idea but the focusing issue you had is the fact that the shutter speed is too slow to stop the action. Even though you are using the flash you still need to use the proper shutter speed to stop the action of your subject.

Err it's not out of focus at all. He's still in focus. It's just motion blur. Yes flash freezes subjects, yes it fires at 1/2000th of a second at max, but the problem here is natural light. If you took the exact same photo in the evening it'll be perfectly sharp because the flash would provide the instant burst of light and freeze the subject but there would not be any ambient light to illustrate the motion.

Err it's not out of focus at all. He's still in focus. It's just motion blur. Yes flash freezes subjects, yes it fires at 1/2000th of a second at max, but the problem here is natural light. If you took the exact same photo in the evening it'll be perfectly sharp because the flash would provide the instant burst of light and freeze the subject but there would not be any ambient light to illustrate the motion.

aha! i figured about the ambient light thing. when i took this shot i figured the flash sync was only available at 1/200th but i found the FP setting now, so i can sync it up to 1/2000th. thanks for all the info!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back