Just HAD TO try this, myself, too (reversed lens)!!!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So after I had read about it so much on here, and after I had wanted to be able to do it myself for so long, I finally tried it out, and this is what I "worked with" and how it came out:

A 50-Euro-bill, first normal front and back view:

50Euro_normal.jpg

50Euro_Rckseite.jpg

Then a close up for our UK members:

50Euro_Rckseite2.jpg

And one for ozzono and lula:

50Euro_Rckseite_supermacro1.jpg

Can you tell where these two come from?
And if you look at the photo of the front of this bill, you see the little holographic thingy on the right? OK, I decided to "dive into that" with my reversed lens:

50Euro_supermacro1.jpg

50Euro_supermacro2.jpg

50Euro_supermacro3.jpg

50Euro_supermacro4.jpg

This supermacro thing is as addictive as kaleidoscoping is or other such fun things :mrgreen:!!!

Glad you like them. And since you prefer the GB Pound, I quickly produced this one just for you, Neil:

20Pfund_supermacro.jpg

(I still have this one in my purse from the UK Meet-Up)

It is easier than I thought, Daan. Just turn the lens round and hold it to the camera body, then try to find the focus by moving in. But beware: DOF is super-shallow and your heartbeat alone can make you move in - out - in - out - in -out of focus all the time :shock:

But nothing was safe today, not even my daughter's eye:

SabinesAuge_supermacro.jpg

Very nice, but watch out i get the feeling it is very adictive. What sort of camera are you using? Would it be possible to do this with any of the DSLRs? And how did you get so much light into your daughters eyes and still keep her pupils dialated, poor girl, at least it dosnt look like she has suffered macro flash blindness ;)

tim

Whoa...Corinna. These are cool. The one of your daughers eye is amazing.

Whoah! I am going to have to try the one with the eye! I tried this earlier last week, but didn't find anything creative to photograph (or shall I say.. wasn't creative enough to make do with what I had?)

Great pictures. I see you are enjoying the XT :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back