Just how bad is 18-200?

Why? I heard that the D3 will take ay of these lens from NIKKOR, going way back including the DX lens, ED etc etc..... Oh but if you do need to sell your 17-55... whatcha want for it.... I have a deposit down on one but it didn;t get to me b4 my trip to MAUI....

I heard the D3 will TAKE the 17-55 but it will do the little crop factor, and won't be full frame.

I could be wrong though, because I have tried not to obsess too much over the D3 - I'm on a waiting list, but don't want to get in a rut of obsessing over it! :lmao:

IfI remember correctly any DX lens on the D3 will reduce the resolution by alot. I imagine the D3 will crop the full-frame sensor to the APS size.

IfI remember correctly any DX lens on the D3 will reduce the resolution by alot. I imagine the D3 will crop the full-frame sensor to the APS size.

Reducing the 12mp sensor to "effectively" a 5mp... using only the cropped part of the sensor.

IMO the sigma 18-200mm is an okay lens for a beginner but i think when you develop your skills you will kick yourself for buying it as i have. A lot of shots do look slightly soft and the pictures dont seem to have the oomph that other lenses can give, also i can have really bad problems with red and purple fringing especially when im using my studio lights.

I don't understand it becuase at 100% there is none on the originals. I know that NX can address vignetting in 3-4 clicks, neer tried it yet, though... I just may have to experiment with these smaller images, just to see the effects.

Vignetting is the only lens quality indicator which is MUCH easier to see zoomed out on an image with little contrast or detail :). It is not something I really worry about either. My 18-70mm kit lens has shocking vignetting figures, as bad or worst than the 18-200 as far as I remember, but I still never find myself correcting the vignetting. If anything I usually add some for effect.

/EDIT: Sorry just tried to edit the image of the bird when I realised you ticked not ok to edit images. If you want to see an obvious before and after that bird image in photoshop, under filter -> distortion -> lens correction, set vignetting to +15 and the mid point to +55.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back