Just in case...

Discussion in 'Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery' started by JamesD, Sep 17, 2006.

1. JamesD

JamesD Between darkrooms

...you were wondering where I've been... I've been around, just busy. Now, I've found that my Windows XP system isn't working properly. It locks up after I try to start a program. So, that means no scanner, which means no photograph posts from me. Which is a shame, because I was planning to start processing and posting again. Not sure when it'll get fixed... perhaps HP will release drivers for Linux support of this particular scanner soon.

I swear, from now on, I will not buy any hardware that requires Windows to run. It's too much of a PITA.

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, that bites.... :x

And here I've been waiting to see some results of the lith film you've been wondering about. You got some awesome replies up there, and I am hoping you can get to it soon!

Fix it, dood. No excuses! :mrgreen:

3. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey man

I have tried linux a dozen times. I cant ever make it work satisfactorily. Xp is the same for me... I run xp 98 and 95 all on the same computer with three hard drives. I use 95 on the net now and guess what I haven't picked up any trash. I wonder if all the trash has been geared to the newer systems now.