Just joined and I want to upload a photo

Rob Powell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi im Rob and hello to all.

I have just joined the site and have created an Album. I thin tried to upload a photo against that album and I get the following error

"Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh page and try again"
"Image13.jpg"

I did try again but got the same message?

Hi im Rob and hello to all.

I have just joined the site and have created an Album. I thin tried to upload a photo against that album and I get the following error

"Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh page and try again"
"Image13.jpg"

I did try again but got the same message?
I'm not much help on doing I that way, but can you upload to something like flickr and then use the image URL button to attach it?

Ok thanks Jazzie I may try that as a last resource and good idea. I would prefer to upload to here not sure why it is preventing me doing this.

I can't help on the tech front, but I've moved the thread down to tech-help.

As a point 13mb is pretty big for a photo online. Typically you'll only need to resize to around 1000 pixels on the longest side in your editing software - sharpen the photo after the resize (and before) because resizing loses sharpness and then upload that.
Remembering of course to save it under a different file name so that you've always got your fullsize version on your computer for printing or further editing e tc...

If you want to upload fullsize to show image quality a 100% crop is generally all you need ( that is a crop taken when the photo is at fullsize - ideally selecting a key area you want to show. That way you can upload a much smaller image and yet still show the fullsize image quality).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back