just messing around

M

MDowdey

with some new black and white conversion techniques.

feedback appreciated.

giraffeBW2.jpg

giraffeBW.jpg

flowersBW.jpg

elephantBW.jpg

any thoughts?

matt

That second giraffe shot is stunning...the contrast on the body is really great.

I agree with Mike. I think if you can apply that contrast to #1, it will be stunning as well. It's just lacking a little punch.

The shot of the flowers I feel could be a shade or two lighter, and perhaps a bit more contrast, and it would really pop.

For the last one, I would give boost the contrast on just the elephant. Use a curves or levels adjustment layer and mask off the background on the top so it retains its' current contrast.

I really enjoy the compositions of all 4 ;)

thanks matt!!! i really appreciate all the feedback gang!

md

i agree, i like the flower shot alot, but it's all blacks/greys with no whites. so like matt said, maybe contast or brightness.

i love the contrast in the 2nd shot, but I like composition of #1 better than #2

good stuff :)

I love the shot of the elephant. I just kept looking at it's eyes! I've never noticed where an elephant's eyes were.
The 2nd giraffe is awesome. The spots are so clear!

Beautys.
#2 is frickin unbelievable. WOW.

Untill I found this forum, I never would have even thought of converting or shooting b&w. These are perfect examples of why I try almost every one of my photos in b&w now.
:thumbup:

Splendid work Matt....splendid!!!!!

Elephant - I can feel the texture
flower - Stunning work!
giraffe - agrees with Digi Matt on the need for more contrast.

Why is the elephant not dark?? :scratch:

Some great work I have seen from you thus far! :thumbup:

The second giraffe shot is excellent but to me something just is not right about that elephant shot. For me the look of the image is just not right, sorry.

Eric

hey thanks again everyone!!! im slowly getting back into the swing of things...

as far as the elephant, something wasnt right with that pic when i saw it...it wasnt my favorites, but i did like the textures.

m
d

Two and three look great to me. I think the contrast is good. You could fool around some more and others might think its too much. Different feels for each Individual.

Most reactions

Back