Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
X Pro-2
f/1.4
ISO 2500
1/250 Sec.
Fujifilm XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR
16 mm Equivalent 24 mm

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4, & Silver Efex Pro2)

20180401-untitled-4-HDR-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

I think the image of your mother is a good one, but she is lost in the image as a whole, in large part because of the fact that since the human eye is naturally attracted to light over dark, the light wall above pulls the viewer away from her face.

I know a bit of the back story here, and I find this a foreground/background allegory...very poignant. I know you recently mentioned that your mother is in a state of dementia or Alzheimer's or something like that, and I see this as her, sharp and clear, but the "painting of her life" behind her is fuzzy. The strong black/white wall line that runs behind her eyes...her white hair...I dunno...I find this a powerful photo. I don't care about the light wall, because I see the out of focus background as representing the past, or as it were, the "behind", and her in-focus as "the now". I think this is a well-done photo.

Be it by intent or accident a good image tells a story. The photographer's job is to present the elements in such a manner that the viewer can see the story you're telling.

I also know the background from previous threads so I can visualize Derrel's comments on the image, but if I didn't I could also form the same conclusions as Tirediron.

I think the image of your mother is a good one, but she is lost in the image as a whole, in large part because of the fact that since the human eye is naturally attracted to light over dark, the light wall above pulls the viewer away from her face.

Point well taken, I just have one question - if the darken furniture were not present would the white wall be an issue, in other words if the background was completely white would we still have the same problem???

I know a bit of the back story here, and I find this a foreground/background allegory...very poignant. I know you recently mentioned that your mother is in a state of dementia or Alzheimer's or something like that, and I see this as her, sharp and clear, but the "painting of her life" behind her is fuzzy. The strong black/white wall line that runs behind her eyes...her white hair...I dunno...I find this a powerful photo. I don't care about the light wall, because I see the out of focus background as representing the past, or as it were, the "behind", and her in-focus as "the now". I think this is a well-done photo.

My intention was to show almost like a lost paradise or a lost past of a more grandeur "life-style" & what the infirmity has reduced her (present).

Be it by intent or accident a good image tells a story. The photographer's job is to present the elements in such a manner that the viewer can see the story you're telling.

I also know the background from previous threads so I can visualize Derrel's comments on the image, but if I didn't I could also form the same conclusions as Tirediron.

I agree 100% with your observation

Thank you all for your inputs, I going to try & photograph my mother with every visit which is usually every weekend since I do the food shopping...thank you all again!

Cheers,

Enezdez

Most reactions

Back