Just My Girl, At The Beach

Thank you all! The first was a total candid, the latest were part of a little shoot we did one evening just before sunset.

Paige - you are not going to believe this... $130 discontinued 70-210 I bought of the good will auction site. Most were shot around 1/500 6.3. I didn't even want to use that one but my work-horse didn't have time to acclimate to the humidity outside.

The white dress ones are totally adorable! THree cheers for old 70-210 zooms! MOST older 70-210 lenses is/are/were pretty decent, especially in the f/6.3-f/8 range....it's difficult to go wrong. I love light,airy feeling shots like those two.

It's a great lens! Mine has a small, non-disruptive crack in the plastic, but I have to admit that I love the (albeit outdated) push/pull zoom technology.

Oh Emm Gee, she is a cute little child!!! I like the slight blurring on the feet. One thing that makes these so nice is how fresh and clean her dress is--it's not all sandy and dirty and weighted down by water on the bottom part...that always makes a white dress or skirt look less than optimal, and at the seashore, it's pretty tough to avoid...sand and ocean water!!!

One thing about the two shots in post #8 is that they "stack" so wonderfully! Just looks great. Her expression sin these crack me up. Kids at that age are just so wonderful--no pretense...just "real".

Jessie, they are all precious. Print them up and then put a copy away until she's all grown up and doing some major stage of life (like getting married). :thumbyo:

Jessie, they are all precious. Print them up and then put a copy away until she's all grown up and doing some major stage of life (like getting married). :thumbyo:
I'll forgive you for calling me Jessie since your comment was one of the greatest I've ever received ;)

Funny, was just talking about this at work yesterday. Jess is preferred :)

But seriously. Thank you. That means a lot!!

Oh Emm Gee, she is a cute little child!!! I like the slight blurring on the feet. One thing that makes these so nice is how fresh and clean her dress is--it's not all sandy and dirty and weighted down by water on the bottom part...that always makes a white dress or skirt look less than optimal, and at the seashore, it's pretty tough to avoid...sand and ocean water!!!

One thing about the two shots in post #8 is that they "stack" so wonderfully! Just looks great. Her expression sin these crack me up. Kids at that age are just so wonderful--no pretense...just "real".
. I got her dressed just before heading out to avoid sandiness. I have a few of her holding her dress up so it doesn't get wet lol

:icon_redface::icon_redface: Duly noted, Jess. My apologies for attaching the wrong moniker to you. Now, do we get one with you and her posing together?

Haha no worries. I'm not sure if my MIL caught any of us during our shoot or not. Nothing posed though.

adorable, and nice clicks...

Nice shots of a little cutie! I miss my two girls....they're all grown up with families of their own! Goes by faster than you think!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back