Just off the Blueridge Parkway

Dan28607

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi. I took these shots at a little spot off of the Blueridge Parkway in North Carolina.
Lately I have found myself really wanting a better quality camera. I think a D70 or perhaps a D50 May be in my future.:) Thanks!

gc004.jpg

gc007.jpg

gc009.jpg

gc016.jpg

Think of it this way, do you really need a new camera? are there oppritunites that you'd normally miss without a D70/80/50? My D70s has done 99% of what I need it to do. The only time it came up short was when I was shooting football games. I still got great shots, but i'm sure I missed a few oppritunities.

1 is definatly the strongest, for 2, I think the rock is too big and is competing for attention, 3, maybe crop a litle higher at the top, and 4 is a little too contrasty for my tastes.

Little camera or no little camera ... here we get to see some quite impressive photos! I really like #1 best of all, I must say ... and I wonder: where do you rest your camera to take these? Did you bring a tripod?

For while I have at last begun to understand how these flowing-water photos are being taken, I have so far still tried to achieve the effect handholding the camera, but ... :er: ... well: everyone KNOW that can be no good :roll: ... why did I try it in the first place I wonder :scratch: ... oh yeah.

All your photos here are definitely better than ANY of my attempts so far!

i'd go with number 1 as its just so crisp

Thanks all!
LaFoto, I use a tripod for sure. I tried one or two without and its just bad!
Thanks again!

1 & 3. Maybe a little less of the right side on 3 where the dark stuff is. Good eye. You'll want a better camera eventually- prepare to kind of suck at it until you learn to get the results you want from it (I'm going through my own learning curve right now).

1 is quite impressive. Can you post your settings? I'm interested in how you get the water to look like that. Nice work all around.

Hi Dylan. Sure.

Shutter speed was 1/2 sec.
F/7.7
ISO 100
Exposure compensation -1 step.

Most reactions

Back