Just one this time - One of my best I think :) - D100

Wow! I'm gonna have to open this one on a larger screen. The detail in his toung looks incredible!!!

Stellar work!!!

Wowie Kazowie, Raj! That is outstanding!

I almost wish I'd sent this lens on a TPF "Lens Across America" trip in the time it sat unused before I sent it to you--because then others would know what *I* know:
Maybe having Pix's magic D100 helps, but you are getting WAY more out of that lens than I ever imagined anyone could get from it. Certainly more than *I* got out of it, in the short time I even bothered to use it.

This could definitely be marked as "evidence" in the "it's not the gear, it's the photographer" argument. ;-)

imagine what he is going to do when he gets a D800 and tamron 150-600 lens.

Neat. Beautiful cat, nice moment.

Raj, I don't need to send you my medal now.... this one is amazing and medal worthy!
Thanks Amanda :sillysmi:, I'll just go buy (a fake) one it and claim that I got it from you.. :king:
As Austin Powers said in his films ," Yeah baby, yeah!" Nice shootin', dude.
:D Thanks Derrel, I never watched one of those movies though. :p
REALLY amazing capture. Love it!
Thanks DVJ :)
Taking the shot is the only way to find out if it's a good one. And it's a good one Raj.
:D Thanks Martin..
Gorgeous photo of a gorgeous cat
Look who's talking ;) :lol: Thanks Pejacre..

just

Smiley_klatschen_zpsbeebde53.gif%7Ec200

:D Thanks Maria :)

Excellent! :thumbsup:
Thanks Carol :)

Well I can't really ad anything to the great comments already except what everyone said is spot on. Thanks Raj, I love it.
Thanks Dave, you know your comments mean a lot! :)
Very nice, Raj!
Thanks snerd :)
Wow! I'm gonna have to open this one on a larger screen. The detail in his toung looks incredible!!!

Stellar work!!!
Hey! It's Jazzie again, no confusion this time ;) Thanks a lot :)

Beautiful!
Thanks Brian :)

Extraordinary shot Raj, simply amazing
:D Thanks Todd, and thanks for the POTM nomination, I should have known you're the only one crazy enough :p
Neat. Beautiful cat, nice moment.
Says the bunny!! :p Thanks Manaheim :)
Nice shot way to go.
Thanks Spanishgirl :)
Nice shot.
Thanks Mike :)
As we like to say in Maine: You done good. :thumbsup:
Thanks Traci :D

It's a nice shot with good color and composition. You might want to consider a few things. It appears over-sharpened. There's a lot of noise in the shadow areas. Not sure if this is do to the sharpening or the higher ISO speed. What happened to the pupil in its eye? There's no separation between its nose and the background on the left causing the animal to blend into the background there.
Thanks for the detailed review Alan, I'll take up your points one by one.

1. I edit in LR, although I didn't touch the sharpening bar but I increased the clarity a lot, could be the result of that. Does it look too unreal?
2. Regarding the noise, I can take care of that in PS easily I just didn't get the time. The edit I did was in less than 10 minutes.
3. The pupil is there if you zoom all the way in, she probably pulled it up while drinking.
4. Thanks for pointing out the left nose, I should work on that and I will! :)

Yes, well done Mr Raj.
Thanks Mr. Keyseddie :)
Wowie Kazowie, Raj! That is outstanding!

I almost wish I'd sent this lens on a TPF "Lens Across America" trip in the time it sat unused before I sent it to you--because then others would know what *I* know:
Maybe having Pix's magic D100 helps, but you are getting WAY more out of that lens than I ever imagined anyone could get from it. Certainly more than *I* got out of it, in the short time I even bothered to use it.

This could definitely be marked as "evidence" in the "it's not the gear, it's the photographer" argument. ;-)
imagine what he is going to do when he gets a D800 and tamron 150-600 lens.

:smileys: Come on you guys! Thanks Sharon & Pixy :sillysmi:, I'll dedicate this one to you both for the simple reason that I couldn't possibly have taken this picture with my older camera, without the ability to manual focus I'd still be getting the focus on the steel cage in front of it.. You guys rock!! :)

Ok, for the record yes I nominated your picture of the holy man for potm, but there was nothing crazy about it. It was a great pic, one that really spoke to me.

Mostly it was saying "for God's sake somebody get this man a sammich"

But still it spoke to me... lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back