Just Ordered a Canon Rebel XSi

Sleepy_Sentry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.esgameservers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ordered a Canon Rebel XSi body from Adorama on Monday and it will arrive tomorrow. I am very excited!

The DSLR was only $499 used in mint condition and comes with a one-year Canon warranty and all accessories.

I am upgrading from a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm SLR. I already have a decent 28-80mm Sigma macro lens to use and plan on getting some better glass in a few months.

What lenses should I be looking at? Right now I'm looking into a telephoto.

I ordered a Canon Rebel XSi body from Adorama on Monday and it will arrive tomorrow. I am very excited!

The DSLR was only $499 used in mint condition and comes with a one-year Canon warranty and all accessories.

I am upgrading from a Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm SLR. I already have a decent 28-80mm Sigma macro lens to use and plan on getting some better glass in a few months.

What lenses should I be looking at? Right now I'm looking into a telephoto.
Congrats. That's a nice camera.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet if you look closer the 1 yr warranty is from Adorama and not Canon.

What kind of money are we talking about ? I purchased the 70-200 f4L , it's a fantastic lens if in your price range.

I am looking to buy good quality glass that will last a long time, but want to keep the price as low as possible. Sub-$200 lenses are looking very tempting.

To those who recommended either of the two Canon 50mm lenses, what advantage would they give me over shooting 50mm using my Sigma 28mm-80mm lens? Is the optical quality that much better with Canon?

Sigma and Tamron both make a 70-300mm. They are under $200. I have one of these, though I have since replaced, but it served me well. Lens flare was an issue. But again, under $200. Its an affordable zoom.

The optical quality of the 50mm lenses is superb. Both rival the clarity of much, much more expensive lenses. But possibly the biggest plus is that they're easily the fastest lenses in that price range. For $100, the 1.8 offers an incredible amount of light and razor sharp images. At the Sigma lens' most wide open, it's still letting in less than half the light of the Canon 50mm. And that's assuming your not zooming in. Go to the longer end of that lens and you're looking at more like a quarter of the light.

So, aperture over clarity is probably the most common reason people love the lens and it's absolutely worth it. But after that, the clarity is astounding.

Sigma and Tamron both make a 70-300mm. They are under $200. I have one of these, though I have since replaced, but it served me well. Lens flare was an issue. But again, under $200. Its an affordable zoom.

+1, will be picking one up in the very near future

Most reactions

Back