Just Ordered me a D70

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:smileys: I will get it on Friday and what to start to look into what programming I should do to it. I have seen that the camera out the box needs a little TLC to get the best from it and what to know what you did to yours after you got it and tweeked it.
Thanks
Jason

how much did you end up paying all together, if you dont mind?

md

I got it from Norman Camera Co.
Body: $999.00
The Mack :afro: :$79.99 (I know I know but 5 years)
Shipping: $25.00 (I paid alittle more to get it here by Friday)

I Almost got a micro lens too but I can't make my mind up.
The nikon 105 or the Tamron 90...but I guess I will worry about that another time 8)

As far as tweeking goes, it's best to shoot raw and play around with it to see what you'll get when you apply settings. It's really how you want it to look. I definately suggest using the Adobe RGB color space. Gives you a greater range of colors...

I like to turn down the contrast and sharpening then apply it later.

I just got it now I just need to read the dirctions... yea right but really I have to read them the battery is dead so I have a few min to look it over. I know I will be lost for the first few days. So wish me luck.

Good luck! and have lots of fun :D

Once you learn the camera try out some custom curves. It tends to underexpose things by about .7 stops. Instead of compensating and loosing the highlights, you can install a curve to bring out the midtones for a proper exposure.

Most reactions

Back