Just ordered my 7D.....need advice..

I have had a cheaper card crap out on me once. Ever since then, I only buy either Sandisk or Lexar. Memory is so cheap these days compared to the days of old. I consider the memory a critical component in my overall photo workflow. Whatever is critical is worth the money.

I'd check online for deals on memory. There are so many photo and electronic stores. I bought from newegg.ca 8gb Sandisk Ultra (30mb)/s for $39.99 back in April. I bought two. I dont see them listed anymore.

I find 30mb/s enough for my shooting. At 8fps, I can drop something like 10 RAWs continous on the card before the buffer fills. So when shooting sports, I was fine with that.

Do some online shopping and see. Early August, I bought a 16GB Sandisk Ultra CF from BH for $65

Yeah, I think I need to just shop around more. Most of what I was seeing in the 8GB range was mostly $50 or higher. So maybe I just need to look around. $30 or $40 for a solid card wouldn't be too bad I suppose.

Spend a little money on at least two high end cards, and use them for your important stuff. Get some cheaper cards for messing around.
The cheaper, low speed ones WILL let you down at some point if you give them a chance. I can also tell the difference while transfering data, too.

Well, I just picked up (3) 8GB Sandisk Ultra cards (up to 30MB 200X ) for $26 a piece at Costco. They also came with 100 free 4x6 prints for each card purchased. I had ordered a Kingston 8GB 133x but will probably return that when it gets here. Thanks for the advice guys. $26 is well worth it for 8GB plus peace of mind.

Most reactions

Back