Just picked up D90:)! Card reader help..

NorCalBa11er

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, just picked up a very gently used D90 (~100 clicks) today, super excited to start playing with it :D. but...coming from the D70 and CF cards, I was wondering which card reader to get along with the Sandisk Extreme III SDHC cards, is there a specific reader as with the CF version of the extreme 3? Looked online but couldn't really find anything, thanks in advance guys.

Cheers.

Actually, my 4gb Sandisk Extreme III came with a card reader. Of course, that was some time ago. The one I mention is the Sandisk MicroMate. It works really well, relatively small and I always have it in my camera bag. This one

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use those cards and picked up a Targus from Wal Mart for like $16, really fast and works great.

Actually, my 4gb Sandisk Extreme III came with a card reader. Of course, that was some time ago. The one I mention is the Sandisk MicroMate. It works really well, relatively small and I always have it in my camera bag. This one

I use those cards and picked up a Targus from Wal Mart for like $16, really fast and works great.

Do those readers do 30mb/sec like the extreme III's? I wouldn't want to get a faster sdhc than the reader can handle.

No clue on the Targus one, plenty fast though. I also have a D90 and transferring the photos in RAW and the videos is a breeze.

Contrary to camera's manual, I use my USB plug to TXF the images out. Only b/c I find that CF cards don't get as scratched as much as SD cards.

Do those readers do 30mb/sec like the extreme III's? I wouldn't want to get a faster sdhc than the reader can handle.

As for the one I mentioned, its USB 2.0 which is standard with almost all USB devices made these days and USB 2.0 has a transfer speed of 480Mbps which is faster than the card can even read/write so I think you're safe with just about anything you choose. Its just up to you as far as size/appearance.

for $16, I'd go for the one N0YZE mentioned, mine is kinda pricey, just happened to come with my card is all.

Most reactions

Back