Just playing around!

CAG76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow there is just not many pretty things to take right now until the summer time comes. I am finding whatever I can. Well, I am still having lots of fun!

So, are these pretty stupid or what?

Branch3.jpg

Branch2.jpg

Branch.jpg

-Christopher

Actually I won't say stupid, but just give me any thoughts. I guess I am looking at the quality rather than what the objects are.

It is ok, interesting subject, but I feel like you are using some of the detail in the shadows.

Yeah it's kind of one of those board things. When I am board and really really want to use my camera, I start taking things like this. I guess I just need to get up and start exploring some other forms of beauty around town or maybe a little bit beyond town. There is just not much in Indian. Well, where I am at.

Posting the shot data (exif) would be good.

Like the DOF you got going on...nice bokeh.

Seeing some noise in the backgrounds (especially in the third image)...what ISO were you shooting at?

Hmmm I wouldn't think it would be that high since I was in the sun. I believe I had it on 100. But you're right. I see some noise in their too. Perhaps I had it on 400 and forgot to change it. I tend to have it on 400 a lot. One thing I notice about myself which is hard for me is, when I get ready to start shooting. I forget to look at ALL of my settings before I start shooting. Then when I am done, I always see something where I wish I had changed the settings for the appropriate situation.

I'm sure that comes easier with time right?

-Christopher

I checked the exif in your images and it says the ISO was set to 100. They are underexposed but I don't know if that would account for the noise (if it is noise...not sure now).

Were these shot in RAW or JPEG?

How much PP work did you do?

In time you'll remember to check your camera settings before you shoot.

I guess it's still the newbie in me but what is PP? I should know this. :) I did take these as RAW images files, but when I opened them straight in photoshop, it's as if they turned right to jpgs. I usually use my RAW image conversion software, but for some odd reason I didn't. So that could be it. When my camera takes raw files... in iPhoto on my iMac its like it splits it up and has the raw and the jpg versions of the raw files. It's so amazing the noise that you see in the jpgs compared to how smooth the raw image files are.

-Christopher

Oh ok. In that case all I did was adjusted contrast, little bit of saturation, and sharpness.

Most reactions

Back