Just playing... :WARNING: Not a very nice bird...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by BigRC, Mar 11, 2004.

1. BigRC

BigRC TPF Noob!

Just got a little on the creative side and started goofing around with a pic. This is what I came up with. Sorry about the bird, it wasn't meant for anyone in particular. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still working on getting the group picture to look more "drawn". Playing around with some brushes right now. Just thought I'd get a critique or two.

I'm thinking about making a Calvin and Hobbes t-shirt for a friend and putting him in the strip. It's his favorite comic. He's the guy in the middle wearing the checkered shirt. :cheers:

2. BunkWild

BunkWild TPF Noob!

did you draw the background? fire hydrant etc.

3. BigRC

BigRC TPF Noob!

Unfortunately I can't take credit for that. A friend drew it. Thinking about doing the next album cover this way if I can get the actual photo to look more hand drawn.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

that is really neat RC!!

md

5. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Its funny, when i saw these pics, that was the very first I had in mind. You may be on to something here - maybe dig through some cds and see how different band shots are taken. Also take some pics of rehearsals and stuff and see how they turns out. This informal style lends itself well to band photos and the such.

I really dig the 'drawing' too! Thats wicked. only one tiny tiny nic pic, perhaps see if you can draw a bit of the arm of the person in the back right.. there is a block of greyspace. Its no biggie, really - it looks fine as is.

6. BigRC

BigRC TPF Noob!

Thanks! :D

I believe digital photo editing is the wave of the future.

Thanks, yea here's our last cd cover. Our first cd cover (over a year ago) didn't look half this nice, and we got them mass produced. I wish I would have known more about photo editing back then, but oh well.

This last cd, we're making and shipping from home. Came out about 2 weeks ago, and have sold over a hundred so far. Trying to find someone to do mass distribution deal, partially in exchange for a record deal. So if anyone knows anyone serious about something like that, please send them my way. :)

Here's the last cd cover.
    [​IMG]

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Does garageband.com still exist? Upload your tunes, my friend. :D I have some buddies who got a few mini-tours through them a couple years back before ther financial woes began (garageband, I mean, my musician friends ALWAYS have financial woes) :wink:

Good image, btw.

8. Gymrat

Gymrat TPF Noob!

How did you do that? Can it be done in paint shop Pro?