Just popped in to say hello

Desdemona

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I don't know why I've never thought to join a photography forum before, but here I am.

I'm an enthusiastic amateur. I mostly take landscapes, and pictures of family and friends' kids, when I can get them not to grin inanely at the camera! As a teacher, I'm also often called on to take pictures of school events. I've had some successes and many more failures.

I use a Panasonic Lumix just now, and I really love my camera. I'm totally converted to digital, having resisted for some time. I enjoy using my limited skills in Photoshop Elements, and one of the reasons I'm here is to pick up new skills on the editing front.

Look forward to chatting to everyone!

Welcome aboard.

I don't know why I've never thought to join a photography forum before, but here I am.
Don't feel bad, I've been shooting since the late 60's and just joined this forum (my first in photography) a few days ago - even tho' I'm very active on another forum in another interest area that doesn't go back nearly as far. Go figure. It's so blasted huge and active I still don't know the half of what's being discussed here and must be driving some people nuts with naive posts, so be patient and hope that others will show it to you.
Another piece of unsolicited advice (noob-to-noob .....) is: "Watch Your Six". I've read my Shakespeare you know, even saw Maggie Smith playing the part opposite Olivier in the West End in the 60's IIRC, so be on the looking for you-know-who-types on the forum. Not everyone is as they seem ......

;)[Only kidding. This is a very well-behaved forum, IME so far at least ....]

Most reactions

Back