Just received an email...??

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got this email from someone I don't know and I don't know what I should do.

I just wanted to say that Ive looked at a bunch of your images on this site and I love them, but I am contacting you regarding an image that I found on "The Photo Forum"

I was googling a facebook application called My Zoo and found your post about going to the zoo and ended up finally finding this image on another thread...

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/42/l_76df259d6b8e4793b7ab7735bd70df99.jpg

I myself am not a photographer but I like to concider myself a pretty decent digital artist, I am just beginning to dabble into the real realm I guess, just beginning to photoshop real images and I was wondering if you would allow me to play around with your origional image,( with your copywrite still in tact of course) I know your status on the forum says that you do not allow you pictures to be edited but I figured it was worth a shot.

this would not be for any sort of commercial gain, in fact this would really only be for my eyes only (and yours of course I would share the finished product.)

Thank you for even taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear back from you. either way im glad that i stumbled upon your photos.

Liz

I noticed that the picture she likes doesn't have my copyright on it (of course the only one I forgot to copyright). She actually messaged me through my website (listed in my signature). I don't know how she found it cause I don't think she's a TPF member. She want's to edit this picture that she has found. Should I let her? I have never been confronted about my images before. I don't know why she would want to edit it. Please help.
Thanks TONS!
-BIG

EDIT: I went to the thread that had this picture in it and replaced it with the same picture but with my copyright on it.

Last edited:
Personally photography is and always been about helping and sharing (except on TPF). I say let her use the image and see what you guys come up with. If you are concerned about copyrights then get a release signed. It is a sketchy deal, but I think if you handle it well you could have fun. More importantly make a future contact. Photography is all about networking.

Love & Bass

Maybe I'll give it a shot. I was just creeped out how she could have found my picture using a facebook app. I don't like that...

If you don't like it, you need to delete the app. Facebook apps have a myriad of permissions. It's pretty freaky.

I would let her. I put nothing on the internet that I would not want taken.

The whole point of posting is to share and learn.

NETWORK it could lead somewere.

Dan

What do you think? She's gonna turn it into a million dollar piece of art, and you'll be SOL?

Seriously, just let her mess with it.

If you don't like it, you need to delete the app. Facebook apps have a myriad of permissions. It's pretty freaky.
The thing is, I never had the facebook app. Well, until yesterday to see what it was all about. So there shouldn't have been a way for her to get it. Idk maybe I'm getting worked up.

I'm just shocked the she has the decency to ask instead of taking it without permission, that's really stand up of her.

(who's to know if she did use it even if you said no)

Well, she sent me the "final" product and she actually made my copyright bolder so it stood out. I usually do an opacity so it's just a subtle copyright. She then told me that she looked at some shots on my site and mentioned that I should make them desktops for the public (like the ones you see on those wallpaper pop ups on some sites.

Most reactions

Back